one

Dippers POV:

I lay awake in my bed, my brain buzzing. I glance over at the clock - 2:40 a.m. Not an ounce of sleep in my body. I sit up and turn on my lamp on my bedside table and pull out my notes and start writing vigorously. My easily awaken twin Mabel slowly wakes up and looks over at me.

"Dipper? It's like the middle of the night! What are you-ugh, why are you awake?"

"Couldn't sleep." I softly reply with a shrug.

Mabel groans.

"You being the brainiac you are," she states, "I'm pretty sure you would know that your sleep schedule isn't so healthy."

"Mabel, how am I supposed to sleep? These journals don't study themselves."

"Seriously? You're turning summer into school, you do realize. Why can't you ever just put that journal down for a day and relax?"

"Trust me, there will be plenty of time to relax after I find out who the author is. Somethings coming, and without the author we may never know."

Mabel stares at me and then rolls her eyes, mumbles something under her breath.

I continue to study. Where could the author be? Who could the author be?! What did bill mean when he said "Everything was going to change" ?

I reach to grab my pencil and, being the klutz I am, I drop it under my bed.

Sighing, I reach under to grab it. I grab the pencil when I feel something.

I pull it out and put it on the bed.

"What's that?" Mabel asks me.

"Ugh, I'm not sure-." Then I see the "Do not touch" sign on it and remember.

Before I can think, Mabel grabs the box from me and opens it.

"Wait, Mabel! Don't look in that!" I stammer.

"Are you serious, Dipper?"

She takes the secret box under my bed and pours everything in it onto the floor.

In a rush I get on my knees and try to pick everything up.

My heart aches as I see all the photos of Wendy and I, all of our memory's before my heart broke in 2. The love note...the day I thought I would actually tell her.

"Bro, I thought you were all past this!"

"Ugh, I know I know. I know she's not interested it's just...how do you turn the way you feel off of someone."

"I don't know, Dipper. I do know that mourning over her is not going to fix anything."

"I guess you're right." I say.

"Good, now go to bed please. You'll be exhausted tomorrow which will suck because we have to work, like, all day in the shack tomorrow."

Oh yeah. What a great summer vacation right here. Working all day for your cheap Great Uncle. At least I'll get to see her.

I couldn't get her out of my head. Her shiny, waist-length red hair; the way her teeth gleamed in the sunlight when she smiled. I couldn't get over her, I wouldn't get over her.

Not anytime soon, at least. After all, tomorrow was a brand new day.

- - -

Authors POV:

Hey guys, it's Sophia

I decided I would at least try to right a fanfic, even though my grammar sucks and I'm just so awful at it😂

I know it's boring so far but it will get interesting in the next chapter, if I continue to right this considering if anyone reads it.

But yeah, that is all. Byeeee!!!!

xoxo