14 September 2014

"Jer!"

"What is it Ma?"

"Come here for a sec."

I was brushing my teeth when she called for me and I rushed down with the toothbrush in my mouth.

"What is it?"

"It's my birthday today."

"What? Really? Oh sorry! I for..."

"You don't remember anything son. It's alright. Now let's get ready soon. We'll go and see Elena once again before they take her for the next chemo session."

"Wait."

I hugged her with a mouthful of toothpaste.

"Happy birthday ma! Thank you for staying with me."

"Your welcome son. Now get away from me. Go and rinse your mouth."

I rushed upstairs, washed my face and took a bath.

Today was Elena's second chemo session. The doctors said that she is showing signs of improvement and that she'll be fine soon.

I wore a jeans and a t-shirt and went downstairs.

On reaching the dining table, I saw a pancake, some juice, omelette and a cake too.

"You did this all?"

"Of course I did."

"Wow!"

And without wasting a second, I jumped onto eating every single thing that was kept in front of me. It was delicious! The best food I had eaten ever.

DING DONG

Emily!

With a mouthful of cake and omelette,I rushed to the door to take my letter from Peter.

"Good morning sir!"

"Good morning Peter."

"Enjoying your breakfast?"

"Yeah. My mother is here."

"I know. I saw her yesterday. Here is your letter sir."

"Come in Peter. It's her birthday."

"Oh! Happy birthday to her but I can't come in now. There are so many letters to deliver."

"Alright. Do pay a visit someday later."

"Have a nice day sir!"

And he walked away after saying that.

"Your letter?"

"Yes ma! I'll just read it and come."

I took out the letter from the envelope and was astonished to see a few drops of..blood!

Dear Stranger,

How are you? I hope you are doing fine there. And also that Elena is better now.

Today I am gonna talk about something good and tell you something about us; something that is not so good.

So let's start with something positive. Do you remember it's your mother's birthday today? I remember it so well. And I am going tonight to her place to wish her and maybe there I'll talk about Elena.

Remember last year when we celebrated her birthday? It was a disaster! You, me and Elena had decided to make the dinner for that night and we had ended up messing everything at your place. Your house looked more like as if someone had broke in and scattered all the food around. There was flour on every floor; juice was on the slab rather than the glass and we three were covered with sauce, egg, milk, flour, chocolate, salt and I don't know what else. But your mother had still liked it. She is really a sweet lady.

But that night turned out to be a not-so-good-night for us. That night when we had gone out for a walk after the dinner, we had met Ethan on our

There were blood spots after that.

What happened to you Emily?