Alfie or Jack?

"Two weeks after finding out how far along I was, I still hadn't spilled the secret to anyone, not even Louise."

———

"So, I just got off the phone with the convention owners. We are now fully booked and ready for our trip Saturday." smiled Alfie

     "That's awesome" I smirked, "do we get a room together?"         

     "Unfortunately, they want all the people that aren't married to room with people of the same...gender?"

     "Well, poop!" I groaned, "who am I with then?"

     "Your with Louise, and I am with Marcus and Caspar Lee!"

     "Oh, Caspar is going to be there?" I laughed, "you should have fun then."

     "Well, your going to be there too, so..." he smirked as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

     "Yeah, lots of fun" I smiled nervously as I pulled away from him. "But I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow, since we are leaving the day after."

     "Is it something serious?" Alfie looked at me confused.

     "No, just a check up" I smiled, "nothing to worry about."   

     "Oh, well that's good. I will run to my mom's place then to get some extra luggage and meet you back at the train station for a late dinner?"

     "Sounds good" I yawned as I peered down at my phone to see a call from Louise coming in.

     "I...I think I am going to take a nap" I yawned again as I rejected the call. Truth was I couldn't bare tell the truth to Alfie or Louise. I needed time to think about everything.

     "Okay, want anything particular for dinner?" he asked as he searched through the fridge.

     "Marconi and cheese? Oh and maybe a ham sandwich with lots of mustard?" I smirked

     "Okay?" he laughed, "I'll make it and wake you in a little bit."

     "Thank you, babe" I smiled as I blew him a kiss and shut the bedroom door behind me.

———

"Since when does Zoe eat ham and Marconi and cheese?" laughed Marcus.

     "I don't know" I sighed as stirred the cheese, "shes been on a big food kick for the last couple of weeks."

     "Sounds like it" he laughed as I heard Zoe's phone go off for the thousandth time. 

     "Oi, I am going to finish this, I will call you back" I sighed as I ended the call with Marcus and snuck over to the bar where Zoe's ringing phone sat. Clicking unlock I noticed that she had seven missed calls from Louise and a mile long text. "What are you guys talking about?" I laughed to myself as I clicked on the long text message. I could feel my heart start to sink as the word 'pregnant' 'is it Alfie's or Jack's' and 'abortion' all jumped out at me. How could Zoe keep something this big from me? What if Zoe was having my baby? Worse what if she was having Jack's baby?" Hearing footsteps fill the air I quickly locked her phone as I ran back to the boil pot of cheese.

     "Smells great" she yawned as she stepped from the bedroom.

     "Thanks" I smiled as my eyes wondered down to her stomach. How naïve could I be? Zoe never wears black baggy shirts, ever. She never wants me to touch her waist and this crazy diet shes been on has to be cravings. 

     "Were you talking to Marcus?" she laughed as she scooted her small frame on one of the barstools.

     "Oh yeah, he called and asked a thousand questions about our trip to Florida."