The run-away bride

@DEDICATED TO ALL MY DEAR LOVELY READERS

Starting today

I need to forget what's gone.

Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Travon's pov

"I'm begging you Travon, apologize to her. It's our last chance."

"To hell with her. She thinks she can take Gloria away from me just like that. Well she has another thing coming."

"Damnit Travon stop being so stubborn. You're ego will destroy our company and you may not give a shit about it but this is all that i have and i am not going to stand and watch you destroy what i've built through all these years."

"That won't be necessary because i'm leaving the company. Let me deal with this on my own."

.
.
.

~              ~             ~

Gloria's Pov

It has been a week since the life shaking announcement, and since my last argument with mom.

Time seemed to go by so dreadfully fast as i stayed locked up inside my room unable to get out or run out here.

She left me no choice
.
.

Flashback

'I am your daughter for god sake! How could you do this to me?'

'Edmund is a very good man Gloria he will keep you happy. I trust him.'

'What if i don't trust him? I thought you were the only person I could trust. But not anymore.'

'Don't you lecture me about trust Gloria Anderson. I've made my decision and you will stick to it. Even if i have to force you, i will.'

'I wish dad was here. He would have understood me. I don't deserve this Mom.'

End of flashback

.
.

I have not spoken a word to her after that and i have no intention of confronting her either.

After what she's done to me? Never

I don't want to be anywhere in the house when she's present.

I'm sick and tired of people trying to congratulate me saying that i'm so lucky and i should be happy.

Happy does not mean marrying you off to someone you don't love

If that's what you call lucky, i don't want to be lucky

A knock on my door drags me back to the harsh reality, Mary our maid walks in with my lunch.

We have been following this routine for the past week and i hated myself for giving them extra trouble but i'd rather starve than share a meal with the woman i once used to call mom.

And though my phone has been ringing non-stop, i have not bothered to entertain any calls or text.

I just wanted to be left alone.

It's so sickening, how she thought she could take the most important decision of my life like it was nothing.

She thought she could marry me off to someone for the rest of my life just because she trusted him?