Chapter 07

The walk back to the house was uneventful as Varian lead Cana by the reigns of his bridle, Nathan following silently.

Once they reached the house, Varian paused and turned to Nathan. "I'm going to put Cana back in his stall, you can come or wait, your choice."

"I'll wait." Nathan mumbled in response.

"I'll be right back." Varian said walking Cana in the barn and putting him in his stall, rubbing him down with a towel and giving him luke warm water to drink. Once Cana was finished drinking, Varian fed him and put his blanket on him for the night.

"See you tomorrow boy, sleep well." he said, leaning his cheek against Cana's and stroking his velvety snout. Pulling away Varian quickly left the barn, closing it up, and turning to face Nathan. Varian frowned.

"I don't think your mother would appreciate you coming home like that."

Nathan glanced down at himself shaking his head.  "No, probably not... Shit..."

"Come on, you can get cleaned up inside, I'm sure I have some clothes some where that you can borrow."

Nathan nodded slightly, pressing his arms to his sides, cold. "Thanks. A lot."

"No problem." Varian said ushering Nathan inside the house.

He was cold.

Even standing inside the bathroom with his shirt and jeans off, he was still freezing. Water was officially the worst element ever. Period.

Though it did let him see Varian practically soaked...

Nathan didn't have a gender preference- he was openly bisexual. He just hadn't had a boyfriend or girlfriend since eighth grade. 

He was trying to get as much mud off his skin as possible, even rubbing a few areas on his arms raw. No doubt it would be a while before they went from a dark pink to his normal skin tone again. He just hoped Varian had given him something with long sleeves...

Once Nathan was sure he was clean, even going back through his hair to make sure he hadn't missed anything, he grabbed the clothes, pulling them on slowly. The jeans were a bit big, riding lower on his hips than he would have preferred, and the shirt had short sleeves. He just hoped Varian didn't say anything about his arms.

He stepped out of the bathroom, messing with the top of the jeans in an attempt to keep them up. It obviously wasn't working, so he glared down at the article of clothing.

Varian looked him over quickly. "Need a belt?"

Nathan glanced up, snorting before nodding in response. "That would be... Very helpful at the moment." he mumbled. He knew he was smaller than Varian, but... Damn.

"Follow me." Varian said. He led Nathan down the hall and into his bedroom. Nathan stayed by the door as Varian went into his closet for a minute, coming back with a gold belt and handing it over.

Struggling to put the belt on and keep the pants up at the same time, Nathan rolled his eyes. "You know... I know you're more... Filledout than I am, but this... This is sort of like a slap in the face." he commented.

"... I wouldn't purposely try to embarrass you. Ever." Varian said after looking Nathan over, his expression obviously hurt, "I can look for something else if you'd like."

Nathan mentally punched himself, closing his eyes briefly before re-opening them and continuing the struggle that was The Belt versus The Jeans. "I'm not embarrassed... Well, sort of, but not because of you. More embarrassed of my... Genes, I guess. Bone structure." he finished with the belt, waiting a minute before smiling as the jeans didn't move lower.