Chapter 8: Ryn

THE LEATHER FELT SMOOTH AND cool against Ryn's arms. She pulled the gloves up, fastening them with the thick brown cord. She glanced up to the mirror, observing her reflect shimmer on its surface. She spent too long trying to conceal her powers, but it had gotten her here, head of the Protectors.

Ryn pulled back a loose curl, tying it in with the rest of her hair bundled up atop her head. Her eyes glowed brown, the color of molten chocolate swirling around her irises. Moving away from the mirror she pulled on her green leather jacket. The intricately woven rings at the back showed off her rank, and usually scared away the disorderly. 7 rings, each year was one level higher.

Ryn gave her reflection one last smirk before stalking out the room, her combat boots thudding against the ground.

~

"You'll be accompanying Claire Rasnok outside the wall, your mission is to-" Wilson was saying, his hands seemed to always be glued together.

Ryn rolled her eyes, "I got it. When do I leave?" she said, cutting him off. Somehow his perplexed look made it some much more amusing to interrupt him.

He ran his hand over his perfectly pressed tie and cleared his throat, "You shall meet Ms. Rasnok in front of the main gates at sunrise tomor-"

"Yup, alright." With that Ryn was out of theroom, leaving Wilson flustered. A slight smile peeked the corner of Ryn's lipas she walked down the hallway, away from his room. Going outside the wall?That was exactly what she needed.