What is going on

I was surprised at how tall the woman was. I wondered if she was wearing stilts or some sort of huge high heeled shoes. Then a split second later, she walked off and the strange noise disappeared with her, fading into the distance

Bewildered, I got up and wandered back into the house. My grandparents were in the kitchen drinking tea. I sat down at the table and, after a while, I had told my grandparents what I had seen. They weren't really paying attention to me, until I mentioned that distinctive sound.

"Po... Po... Po... Po... Po... Po... Po..."

As soon as I said that both of them suddenly froze. Grandma's eyes grew wide and she covered her mouth with her hand. Grandpa's face became very serious and he grabbed me by the arm.

"This is very important," he said, in an intense voice m. "You must tell us exactly... How tall was she?"

"As tall as the garden hedge," I replied, beginning to get scared.

My grandfather bombarded me with a lot of questions... "Where was she standing? When did this happen? What did you do? Did she see you?"

I tried to answer all his questions as best as I could. He suddenly rushed to the hallway and made a phone call. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I looked over at grandma she was trembling.