❇1❇ Shopping

Pic: the dress

Shopping. The ultimate test to patience. I had been dragged into shop after shop since 9 a.m. this morning. It was now 17h35m on a Saturday afternoon. You can imagine my mood.

"Mikayla, we have been at this for hours! Can we please go home?" my twin sister looks at me over her shoulder and shrugs, her perfect hair flowing down her back, and turns back to peek into yet another display window "Oh come on! You already bought half of each store we went in" I follow her into the store as she continues to ignore me. Fine.

I grab something out of one of the thousands of bags in my hands and hold it up. It's a short sparkly black designer dress she bought about five minutes ago. "I will destroy this dress if you continue to ignore me, Miss" That, makes her look up, as well as a worker from the store who looks shocked at my behavior.

"You know mom would kill you if you did that, Alex" I just raise my eyebrows at her. I couldn't care less about that and she knows it "Fine, what do you want?"

"You never go shopping with me because you know I hate it, why did you drag me out of bed on a Saturday morning?"

"Well, we are changing to a public high school which means no uniforms, so I convinced mom to give me her credit card for new outfits" she explains while inspecting some grey heeled ankle boots. Her cream designer dress would go perfectly with them. Plus her perfect manicured nails and blond curled hair and makeup make her look like a model. Or barbie. Your pick.

"That still doesn't explain why I'm here" I throw the sparkly thing back into its bag and go around the store looking for somewhere to sit.

"Well, she told me that I would only get the card if I brought you along. She thinks your wardrobe could use an update" she replied while trying the boots on in front of a long mirror. "She also told me that you have to come home with at least a bag of things that are for you, and that some of those items have to be another color besides black" she looks at me with a pointed look and inspects my outfit. "Frankly, I agree with her. You look depressing".

"Wow. Why thank you, my little sister, you are such a nice person to me" I respond letting my annoyance be heard in my tone "besides, you don't have to worry about what I wear, because, guess what, you're not me!" at this point she was getting up to pay for her newly acquired piece of clothing.

"I know, I know" she replies with a hint of a smile "I have lived with you long enough to know that everything I say goes in one ear and goes out the other so..." she looks at me with puppy dog eyes "can you please buy something so that I can keep the things I already bought? You know mom would make us return all this and that would take even longer"

I look at the amount of bags around us. She had a point, our mom would makes us return all this and that would be a nightmare... "Fine" I sigh and my sister's mood immediately perks up "go look for some lace up boots and I'll go to the shirt section and see what I can find"

"Of course!" she squeals and throws her arms around my neck giving me a kiss on my cheek "I'll even throw in some makeup and I'll let you be the oldest for a week " Wow, talk about bribing skills.

I grin while my twin happily looks thru the boot section and head the other way to start looking for something that I would wear. Since I'm already here, I guess I could make it through another hour.

⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩

"You look amazing!" my sister squeals so high I think my eardrums just popped.

I don't know how, but my twin sister had somehow managed to get me into a dress. How that is even possible, I don't know. I mean seriously, a dress?? I haven't worn one of those things for - wait, actually I had to wear one for the 'meeting of the high status people' last year. Some weird gala where I'm supposed to meet my future, that is, according to my parents.

I grin at the memory. My parents had tried to blackmail me but seeing that that wouldn't work, they settled with bribing. And since I had always wanted to know how a "normal" high school was... I guess you can figure out the rest of the story.

"You have to get it! It would kill every guy who looks at you" That image actually makes me burst out laughing. What can I say, it would be an awesome idea for a horror movie. Oh, right, it's supposed to have another meaning.

I tried calming down my laughter, not that I actually cared, but the worker currently attending a boy about my age was giving me deadly looks. And I still have some manners. Sometimes. When I'm in the mood for it.

"I'm not taking it" my sister's smile immediately disappears as I step back into the changing room and start changing back into my grey skinny jeans and black tank top.

"But you could even wear it to this year's gala! It would look miles better than any of my dresses" yup, that gala is annual. Oh, the joy.

"I'm fine with your funeral dress" I grab my leather jacket- black, of course- and move out of the changing room giving the dark blue dress to the worker attending us with a polite smile "Dresses. Funeral dresses, actually. You possess an entire collection" I correct, walking towards the exit "Can we go now?"

After a couple of skinny jeans, shorts, blouses, shirts, boots, a jacket and some makeup, we had finally managed to fill a bag (or what was my sister's definition of one bag) with things I was supposed to wear and, as my mother had required, not completely black.

My sister sighed and nodded and so we paid for everything and headed out the store.

"Oh, I think I forgot something" she said and looked back into the store "You go ahead and call Ed to pick us up, I'll be right back" and with that she disappeared back into the shop.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone to call Ed. He was the guy in charge of me and my sister and we knew him for a long time now. He had even taken care of my brother who was now a grown man with an important job in my dad's company.

A minute later his car rolled down the street I was in, just as my sister came back out of the store with a shopping bag.

"Forgot to buy the last item the store had?" she just rolls her eyes and grabs a couple of bags to get into the back of the car. I follow suit and then we are heading home.

◽◾◽◾◽◾◽

Yay, first chapter!

Let me know what you think and if you have any constructive criticism for me I'd love to hear it

Vote if you enjoyed, it's a real motivation

Until next time dear Wattpadians,
➡Emily