Awakening

11:23p.m_
Alley Of New York City_

"This dude must be a magician,"Chris said while scanning the whole alley.

"There's still a pool of blood here,"Paul pointed at a pool of blood in the middle of the alley.

"This is where the body should be,"I said then crouching near the blood."It's weird that the blood are darker than normal human blood,"I raised my head to them.They both raised their shoulders.

All three of us stare down deeply at the blood.The blood is significantly thicker that normal blood and the smell stinks worser,like it's rotting.Rotting blood.

Nerve start to operate around my body.What did I just killed? My brain try to figure out what just happened to body but alas,it is only a waste a time.The impulses from my body sending signals to my brain to tell me repeatedly what just happened.The body is gone. Like hearing a whispering inside of your head.The feeling is anxious.All of a sudden,I feel afraid.It is still alive.Even though my mind keep telling me that,the one thing I feared.Is.That.It is not a human.

Tampering with the now leaking blood left,I dip my finger in it.The closer the finger to my nose,the worser the smell.I try to focus my whole sense to process it.Rubbing the blood along my finger,it drips casually.Every few second,the blood drips,and drips,and drips.Forming a new,yet albeit small puddle of another blood.I can't process what is it.Why is the blood seems different?I yelled to my own mind,but my brain seems to stop working.I cannot think of any reasonable explanations.But one thing is for sure.And I have been thinking about it the whole time.

The virus is spreading.

I try to think and think,but all I get is more questions that answers.

I look up on the sky.It is still a beautiful sky.Maybe this is the last time I ever look up again.Forgetting all sort of thought and fear,I start to drawn in into the sky.Maybe I can fly to the clouds and forget about all of this?I can feel my body becoming light and possibly flying.I look down at the concrete ground and it starting to becoming smaller and smaller.For a second,the fear seems to gone.Peace.Like God himself is pulling me.

The thoughts and minds is abruptly cut short as low tone growling can be heard next me.All three of us turn around to witness two dark figures emerging from the shadows.The figures growl harshly like a pack of wild dogs.The moon light shines on their faces that show horrible features.The short beardy one has wrinkles on his face that start to pop,revealing slimy green mucus.The barefoot one start to shamble toward the three of us lightly.It is clear through their eyes that they didn't think about what are they are doing.They are mindless.

With my tire iron still gripped to my hand palm,I took a small step to not being harm by the grosteque creatures and swing at barefoot face.The creature seems unfazed by the blow and blood flowing out of his side head and continue to his mission to harm us.Suddenly,I feel boldly and without thinking any second regretful thoughts,I jammed the tire iron on the side of the skull that were pouring blood like a faucet earlier.Then,I struggled.Pulling back the tire iron from sticking in the inside of a head is like pulling a rope that has been tied to a half dozen cats.I pulled with all my might and manage to pull the now tire iron and guts fall down alongside barefoot.

Now focusing on wrinkles.With a quick swing to the face,the man plop heavily to the floor.Without fewer hesitations,I went forward to his body and jam the tire iron to his back skull.The sound of smashed brain bang on my eardrum.Pulling it up,this time it feel lighter and easier than barefoot,the tire iron is now decorated with guts and blood.Brain pieces strewned at the wall and the bland concrete wall is now has been taken over by dark red blood.