s e v e n t e e n

Johnny pushed open the door to Ana's room quietly.

He had two small tulips in his hand, as he walked to her bed.

Shaking her lightly he woke her up. She must have slept well because she didn't freak out after being woken up.

He held out the flowers, holding on a fake smile.

"Ones for you. And ones for Dalilah." He said softly.

Then realization hit her. Today was the anniversary.

Dalilah was only 6. She would've been 16 a couple days ago.

"Has it really been ten years..?" She asked softly. Speaking barley loud enough for as Johnny to hear her.

The hard-core-persona she had been keeping up the past few weeks was gone.

She sat there. Staring at the tulip in her hands.

"Ana, what's happened to you?" He said softly. "One day you were amazing. The next you're running around chopping everyone's heads off. Did that demon do something?"

Ana's heart began to pound. "No." She growled. "He did nothing wrong. Laylah fucked everything up." She spat.

Johnny paused. Startled by her sudden change in tone. "I'm sorry..." He spoke. "I know it's been hard for you to love anyone, since Dalilha. But you have to trust me when I say that loving a demon isn't good. "

She began to breath heavy. "Tell me what happened the day we went to hunt that werewolf."

"You said you'd wanted to go in alone. The usual big sister being demanding the little bother stay put.

"Well, you went in and you hadn't come out in almost half an hour. I began to panic, so I called on Laylah. But she didn't hear me.

"I tried to get in the house. Several ways but the werewolf had the house barricaded. All I could do was pace in front of the car. I was so worried that you were dead in there. " he looked at her and then back down to the blanket underneath him.

"And then all of a sudden the door was broken open, and I looked up to see, a man carrying you. I couldn't make out his face, but he was in all white. " he paused.

Ana inhaled sharply, realizing that Laylah had lied earlier. "He was yelling for Laylah, but she never came. He noticed I was there, and he ran to me asking for my name. When I tried to take you from him, Layman flashed in. "

"I thought she didn't come?"

"I have no clue why. But she came when we stopped calling. And when she did Michael was terrified. I don't know why he was scared of her, but he started yelling 'let me explain'" Johnny spoke softly. Not trying to make Ana mad.

"He said that he felt something was wrong with you. That he felt your pain. But Laylah wasn't listening. She just took you, and told him he should stay away. And that was it."

"Laylah told me something completely different.. Why would she lie to me?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm wrong about Michael. But there is just something sketchy about a demon having a bond like that with a human. She is just looking out for you. She really-" he stopped.

"She really what?" Ana looked up at Johnny.

"Nothing. Let's go visit Dalilha. "

------

Laylah stepped away from the door.

Johnny knows. But she didn't know how.

She hid every emotion she ever had from the both of them. And the fact that Johnny noticed how much she felt for Ana scared her.

Anathema couldn't find out. It would ruining their friendship.

She flashed away

-----

Ana stood up slowly, moving over to the mirror.

She looked closely at her face.

She watched her eyes change from their normal shade of brown. The brown colour changed to a dark shade of red.

She squeezed her eyes closed. Rubbing them.

When she looked again, they were normal.

"Ana. You coming?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm coming. "

She stepped back. Looking at her face one more time, before turning and walking towards Johnny.

------------

Hey y'all. I'm sorry for the lay update. I've had hella writers block.

But wooooooo her eyes changed. I wonder what's wrong with herrr.

Lol

And Laylah is in love with Anathema? Any thoughts?

-kitkat