Chapter two

Calum

My head was still throbbing. My wrist was red due to the handcuffs chaining me to the bed. The television was set on a sitcom which barely amused me.

I tried my best to remember what had happened but everything was a blur. I only recall going to one of my meetings. I wasn't allowed to talk beyond the walls of our secret society.

  The nurse knocked on the door and told me I had a vistor. I thought it might be the cops or my parents but to my surprise it was Cora.

  She was obviously sleep deprived but she still smiled at me.

"Hi Calum," she said making her way over to the bed.

"Hey babe" I responded. She placed a kiss on my cheek causing me to smile.

"How are you feeling," she said.

"I am actually okay. Very confused still" I replied. She made her way to the chair next to my bed and slouched down in it. She rubbed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair.

"You look tired," I told her. She sighed and turned her head towards me. I knew something was bothering her, I just don't know what is.

"Yeah. My apartment is struggling, my neighbors are awful, and work is hard. I don't know how I am going to be able to pay for college. Life is so stressful," she replied. I grabbed her hands and cover them with mine. I then placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"Everything is going to be alright. You can move in with me and I can pitch in to help pay for college" I offered. She shook her head.

"I can't accept that. It's too much. I don't want you to think we are rushing things in our relationship," she said.

Before I could respond, a police officer knocked on the door. Both of us turned our attention to the man at the doorway.

"Calum Hood, I will like to ask you a few questions,"the stubby officer said.

"Go ahead. I have nothing to hide." I responded making eye contact with the officer. He steps into the room and stands off to the side.

"What were you doing around nine o'clock this past Saturday?" He stated with his notepad in hand. He's was a newbie. His hands trembled and he wasn't stern.

"Honestly, officer I don't remember. Something happened and I must have injured my head because I don't recall anything. "

"Well, do you remember any details. What was the last thing you remember. "

"I remember a car, and a basement." I told the officer. He took notes and smiled.

"Do you remember where the basement was,?" E questioned.

"It was near the bank" I state. The officer sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"Thank you. I am aware that you will be out of the hospital soon. I am unsure about taking you to trial because you don't remember anything. When we do find evidence, we will be at your door faster than you can blink." He said. Cora rubbed my calloused hands. Her head was down and she was silent.

"Is that a threat?" I asked.

"No, but we won't let this go." He replied making his way out.

I turned to Cora, taking her hand and kissing it softly. "Everything will be okay, I promise" I reassure her. She gave me a strained smile. I could tell that she wanted to ask something but she refrained.

The evening brought darkness but relief. I was being released from my short stay at the hospital. I urged Cora to join me at my quiet home and after a few times of begging, she agreed.

We took the taxi to my house because I left my car. The whole way to my house on the outskirts of town, Cora rested her head on my shoulder.

When we arrived, I used the spare key from behind the flower pot to unlock the door. My house smelled and looked dull.

Everything was perfectly in place. I always kept my house clean because a dirty house would just add on to my list of problems.

"You have a very nice home Calum," Cora said, glancing around.

"Thanks. Please, make yourself at home" I reply.

  Cora takes off her coat and shoes and waits for me to do the same. I then begin to show her around my small home.

    When I finished showing her around, we sat down at my small kitchen table.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked Cora. She nodded her head and I made my way to my fridge.

"Tea, water, or apple juice" I questioned. Cora turned her head towards me, moving her curls out of her face.

"Apple juice please" She stated in a soft voice. I loved her voice so much. It was soft and calming. I would die just to listen to her talk me to sleep while playing with my hair.

I grab a glass cup from my cabinet and pour the apple juice. My stomach growled, reminding me that I needed to eat. I really needed to go grocery shopping because I had barely anything in my cabinets and fridge.

"Are you hungry?," Cora asked me. She rubbed her stomach and smiled at me.

"Yeah. What do you want to eat?" I responded handing her the glass of apple juice.

"Well, I was in the mood for some Chinese take out," She replied, then taking a sip of apple juice.

"That sounds good to me."

"Okay, I will call it in."

I told Cora what I wanted and she called it in. In the meantime, I turned on the Tv and began surfing through stations. Nothing good was on, so I settled on the movie, 6 Years. I had never seen it before but the description seemed good.

Cora plopped down of the couch and sighed. She ran her fingers through her mane.

"Whats the matter?" I asked her.

"Nothing just a bit tired.

"Life is a bit stressful at the moment but trust me. We are going to get through this" I told her.

"I just don't want you to go to jail," she replied.

"I don't want to either. " I said.

___________________________________

Sorry I haven't been updating. I just wasn't in the mood to write but now I am going to update more often.