3: Strangers In The Night

Trevor pulled in front of a run down bar called Yellow Jack which along with the rest of Sandy Shores, was rusty and dusty. Trevor didn't pull into a parking spot, he just parked wherever he pleased. Right by the front door.

Trevor hopped out of his truck and jogged over and opened the door for me. It made a creak noise as he did. "Ah yes, step from my chariot, dear Del Rey." He said sarcastically with a posh accent. I chuckled and grabbed his hands and stepped out of his truck.

"This is the first time I've walked in with a decent woman in a long time." He said. "So thats a compliment?" I asked with a sly smile.

"Perhaps." He replied. He still had his grip on my hand and frankly, I didn't want him to let go.

He led me inside and the smells of the bar atmosphere flooded my nose. Cigarettes, liquor, probably meth.

"Thirsty?" He asked.

I was about to reply yes, but a voice cut me off.

"You're still banned." I turned my head and saw a woman with red hair standing with one hand on her hip and the other on the counter.

"Aw Luce, are you sure you have the right guy?" Trevor sweetened up.

She kept her hard gaze.

Trevor put his hands up. "Alright, alright. I promise I won't cause any trouble tonight. I got a lucky lady here." He gestured me and I turned red.

She rolled her eyes. "Alright. But one," she pointed her finger at him, "mishap, and you're gone."

Trevor put his hands together and bowed. "You have my word. Now, two beers please?"

She turned around and grabbed two beers from the fridge behind her. She slid them over the counter to us. Trevor uncapped mine with his calloused hands. "Wouldn't want to cut up those pretty hands, now would we?" He said.

I giggled to myself and took a drink. Trevor did as well. "Is that a jukebox?" I asked and pointed to what looked like a jukebox.

Trevor followed my gaze. "Oh yeah," he took another drink. "What do you listen to?"

"Frank Sinatra." I replied.

"Well I'll be damned if you find Frank Sinatra in there." He said. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked over to the rusty box.  I flipped through every song until I actually found a Frank Sinatra song.

Strangers in the night.

I turned around and smiled at Trevor as the tune started. He raised his eyebrows.

"Well fuck, I'll be damned." He laughed.

I held my hand out. "Dance with me?"

"Shouldn't I ask you that?"

"Just give me your hand." I said. He put his rough hand in mine.

"Strangers in the night, exchanging glances. Wondering in the night. What were the chances we'd be sharing love before the night was through?"

Odd. The lyrics represented me and Trevor.

"Something in your eyes was so inviting. Something in your smile was so exciting. Something in my mind told me I must have you."

Trevor looked at me and I knew we were both thinking the same thing.

"Strangers in the night; two lonely people we were strangers in the night. Up to the moment when we said our first hello. Little did we know. Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away."

Then Trevor leaned in and kissed me.

"And ever since that night we've been together. Lovers at first sight. In love forever."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tight against him.

"It turned out so right for strangers in the night."

When he pulled away, he asked "Darts?"

"Sure," I shrugged, as if that wasn't the greatest kiss of my life.