III.

((just a little AN, all chapters will be Percy's POV.))

Chapter 3. Preparation

Ω

Previously
"Now, go and pack. You are leaving tomorrow, and I'm afraid to say, this won't be an easy quest."

And with that, Chaos snapped his fingers, and we teleported out of the room.

It was the next morning, and I awoke slowly, a feeling like a rock in my chest.
I didn't want to go back there. I never wanted to go back. Not with Annabeth, not with... with Kyle. The name alone made me burn with rage.

It was okay, I convinced myself. I would hide my identity, complete the quest, and then leave them forever. That would be it.

But I still couldn't help feeling like this whole thing was going to turn out bad for me.

I sat up, stretching out my wings to rid them of any cricks. It was surprisingly difficult to sleep with giant, feathered monstrosities on your back.

"Rise and shine, Omega. Ready to see all your old friends again?"
I glanced up at Alpha, who was standing at my bedroom door.

I sighed, pursing my lips.
"No, not at all." Standing up, I pulled the hard iron gear out of my closet.
"But, not much to do about that."
The armor was black, and it didn't look like metal. It was sort of a leathery plastic material, and melded to my chest, arms and collarbone when I put it on. It was charmed so it was impossible to break through, but also weighed nothing on my body.

Luke grinned, coming up behind me without my asking. He spoke as he pulled the straps of my armor tight enough to almost suffocate me.
"Hey, dude. Im sorry about all this. But you're Omega, you're the strongest warrior in the world, pretty much, Chaos doesn't really count anymore. You can handle this, right?"

I gasped. "Could you, uh- loosen that up a bit, Alpha?"

Luke chuckled as he pulled on the straps enough to make me able to breathe.

"Yea, I'll be fine." I spoke. "I promise. No need to worry about me." I smiled, turning to face him.

He grinned back, face soft for a second, before his grin widened, and he clapped me on the back.

"Alright, then let's get this party started!"

With that, he left, leaving me to put on the rest of my uniform. It consisted of my usual black pants and black boots that made it easy to move around in, along with a leather thigh holster for my many daggers. On my head I wore a mask that was made out of sleek black metal and leather, wrapping around the bottom portion of my face to just cover my mouth, nose and cup under my chin. Not only did it protect my identity but it also served as a gas mask and an oxygen supplier, since I had lived so long on Chaos' planet I wasn't used to Earth's air anymore.

And, so that no one could recognize my face nose up, I wore a hood that draped down so my eyes and forehead were hidden. Although my eyes would have been the most recognizable for all my old friends in the past, they luckily weren't the same sea green eyes. When I had gotten my powers 500 chaos years ago, my eyes had turned an icy blue to manifest my powers. It was slightly unsettling.

The hood was attached to metal in my chest piece. I couldn't exactly wear a back piece, thanks to my ginormous wings, but Nico and Silena each had cloaks billowing out behind them, which helped them with agility during teleporting.

The last, probably most essential piece of my uniform was my sword. I maintained a dark appearance, my uniform, wings and weapon all inky black, but the only thing that stood out was my sword. I had abandoned riptide when I left Camp Half Blood, and now I fought with an ice sword. It glowed an ethereal blue when I unsheathed it, and
was made out of Chaos Ice, which was stronger than any material in the world. It immediately disintegrated its victims on contact.

I finished putting my daggers, knives, and Greek fire bullets along with firearms into all their appropriate places on my form, and took one last look into the mirror.

I had to admit; I looked kind of badass. My face was covered and when I put my hood down, I couldn't even recognize myself. The icy blue stare I maintained was intimidating, and the mask along with my wings made me look like some sort of superhero.

I sighed, pursing my lips. Let's do this.

I ran a hand through my dark hair, stepping out of my room to the main hall (sometimes walking was just easier than teleporting). When I made it there, the the rest of the warriors were already assembled.

They glanced up when I entered, looking impressed. Silena and Calypso, or Venus and Delta, wore all white armor, and Nico and Will wore dark grey armor, to signify their rank underneath me. I grinned, although they couldn't see it under the mask.

"Chaos' Elite Warriors." I announced, my voice altered through the mask to sound slightly deeper and a lot more powerful. The group in front of me stood up straighter.

"Remember. We are no longer demigods. We are the strongest fighters in the universe. We are going to save this Camp, just like we saved every planet before this. Now, shall we?"
I finished my speech, and the four around me cheered, the sound of their excitement lifting the weight in my chest slightly.

"Let's do this."

Ω

AN: I hope you liked this chapter, it was a lot longer than the other ones!!!

v excited for the next chapter :)

-Quinn