School

I mumbled something even I didn't understand and pulled the sheets over my head. "Alexandra Gaffer Andrews!" Whenever my mom used my middle name it was BAD! Using all my strength I managed to speak, "whuf dud I doof mawm?" I grabbed my mouth. What was that? I knew what I was saying but it didn't come out right. I heard my mom walk up the stairs. "Why won't you get up? You're going to be late!" She pushed my door open ready to pull me off the bed. But as her eyes met mine her expression softened. "Honey? You look awful!" Without thinking about it I nodded. and then realizing my mistake I shook my head, "Mawm I amf FIME!" My mother tilted her head, "are you sure. Maybe you should skip school today." I grabbed my throat "Mom, I'm fine. Really!" I gasped with relief, That sounded pretty normal to me. "Well okay Alexandra. But I still think you're ill." I shook my head and jumped out of bed. There was no way that I was going to skip my first day of highschool. I started to take out a pair of baggy jeans and a coca cola shirt. Ll"No" I thought. "I can't wear this, I need something cool" I rummaged threw my closet and I finally found a beautiful Off the shoulder shirt and a pair of black leggings. I smiled at my reflection, I looked great.... Except for my hair. I grabbed a brush and got all the tangles out! (Hopefully)
All I needed now was a backpack. Now that sounds like I have a ton of backpacks but I only have 2. A black and pink one and an Olaf one. I went for the black and pink one. Perfect. My mom offered me a drive but I turned it down. I'd make more friends by riding on the bus. It was raining pretty hard and the bus was shaking but I tried to plaster a grin on my face. I was sitting next to a young girl with great twirls of red hair. Despite her bouncy hair and neon outfit she still looked quite gloomy. Even though she didn't look very popular I was desperate and tried to make contact with this alien like person. "Hello, I'm Alexandra." I
Tried to sound as friendly as possible. But the girl had the nerve to scoot away from me!!! I tried again, "what's your name?" this time she answered. "Jane." it wasn't much of an answer but it was something. "So..... Do you like art?" it was a lame question but it was all I could think of. she stared at me, shoulders drooping. "I like math." I groaned. it was just my luck to be sitting next to a nerd. Maybe I should have given her a chance but I was to eager to be popular. hanging out with her would not help my case. as the bus came to a halt I felt uneasy. Had I made a mistake? or had I just saved my reputation???