Chapter 2: Neighbours

- "MUM CAN YOU GET THE DOOR?" I shout "MUM!" I shout one more time without response.  

Ugh. Could be the mailman or something. Do we even get our mail here yet? 

I quickly freshen up my ponytail and walk shamefully to the door still wearing my wet clothes.

As I open the door, a woman and a little dark haired boy Lucas' age stand in front of me, the woman giving me bright smile while the boy not so subtly looks at my wet clothes. Nice first impression - a soaked teen with asphalt and dirt in her face.

And it has stopped raining already. That's great..
I politely  invite our, I suppose new neighbours, in and once again I yell for my parents. No answer.

- "Just a sec Mrs...? I'll go get my parents,"

-"It's Trisha, dear" She smiles at me once again.

**

Turns out that the woman, Trisha, and the little boy (I didn't catch the name), and his older brother Zayn live 3 houses down the street. Good for Lucas who is already playing football with the other kid in the garden.

**

3 days later, there are only 2 days left of summer vacation - which means that I'll start school in 2 days. My new school. To be honest I can't wait to meet my peers. I hope I can make some new friends.

I've always had good friends around me. Though I am not one of those people with a 100 not-so-close friend. I am perfectly fine with a few close ones. God I miss Kayla! 

Kayla is my best friend. We have always been inseparable, despite our different personalities. She is always really loud and outgoing (sometimes a bit too much), while I am a bit more quiet and take one thing at a time.

I return from my daydreaming as I hear my brother and the Malik kid's laughter, coming from the other side of my door. Are they being serious?!

- "Hey Lucas, could you find someone else to tease?" I say in a fake playful voice as I look through the keyhole and into my brother's eye. They shriek and hurry down the stairs as if I would come out and get them.

A while after I hear their hushed voices outside my room again. "Jawaad, I dare you to knock" I hear my brother say. Oh that's his name.

I grab a book and sit down at the window seat and start reading in one of my books, even though I have already read them all. I need more books.
 I have always liked reading - not that I am a "nerd" or anything. I think it's nice to disappear into someone else's life sometimes. It's like my getaway.

I spot something moving towards my house out of the cornet of my eye.  

It's a guy my age or slightly older. He has his almost black hair shaped into a perfect quiff on the top of his head, and he is wearing black boots with a leather jacket. I can't help but to stare. He's really hot. I hear my self thinking, biting my lip. And he really is - in that bad boy way. He could have been taken straight out of a Calvin Klein commercial. I like this place already.

But wait why is he headed toward my house? 

I can't think of a reason. 

He must have felt my gaze, because his dark eyes dart upwards towards my window - or maybe I'm just really visible. For a second we make eye contact, and I realize that how weird it is that I'm staring out like some dog, I mean I am almost licking the glass of my window. I quickly sit down again, blushing. Why am I blushing?

I resist my desire to run downstairs, throwing myself at him and kissing his feet, as I hear the front door opening and my mum's happy voice. What is he doing here and who is he? I think.

__________________

Please click the star to vote if you liked it so far

xX