Five Minutes

So I was trying to take my mind off of my exams today and started writing this.....whatever it is. It's just a random out of the blue one shot, set months after Cas becomes human.

**************************************

Dean awoke with a small yawn, prying his tired eyes open. There were so many things he needed to do today, like always. Cook for everyone, do some laundry, look for hunts

He slowly turned his head to look at the clock by the side of his bed. He was up 45 minutes late.

He was waking up a lot later these days, due to the big lump of heat currently pressed into his side.

Castiel breathed out, hot air attacking Dean's cheek. He'd pushed Dean over to the very edge of the bed. He had his leg wrapped around Dean's body, with his arm wrapper loosely around Dean's torso and his face crushed against the side of Dean's head. He loved sleeping beside Cas even with his wild movements and loud snoring. Castiel was funny in the mornings when he wasn't all awake yet, he'd be really touchy, or really grumpy, or completely unresponsive. Dean laid there on his back, arm around the former angel, willing himself to leave the bed.

At some point, Dean felt eyes on him.

"Good morning Dean."

Dean smiled and turned his head, "Mornin' Cas."

Dean stared into Castiel's glossy eyes and tried not to get lost in all the blue. Cas was staring at him in the unwavering way that he always did and Dean could feel his hand coming up to cup Dean's cheek.

Dean let one slow kiss go on for a couple seconds, but then gathered all his strength and pulled away.

There were many things he needed to do today.

Dean got up and tried to slide out of bed but Castiel's body clung to him like a magnet and he was pulled back onto the mattress.

"Don't go."

Dean could swear that there was a hint of a whine in Castiel's voice and he couldn't help but smirk a little, "Dude, I need to get up. You can keep sleeping alright?"

Castiel wormed his head up into the crook of Dean's neck and mumbled, "It's not the same."

"I need to make breakfast Cas. How about pancakes? Don't you want pancakes?"

"I want you."

Dean rolled his eyes, "Of course you do, but that's not the point here."

Castiel began to snore. He was practically on top of Dean now, arms around his neck.

Dean slowly began to pull Cas's arms away and tried to gently push him off. It seemed to work and Dean slipped out of bed, sighing in relief and started to walk away when he felt a hand latch onto his wrist.

"Deeaan."

"Are you whining at me? Stop whining Cas. You're not five."

"No, I am a billion and-"

"Dude. You weren't supposed to-never mind. Let go."

Castiel lifted up his head and sent a pleading look Dean's way, "Please, Dean. Just five more minutes."

Dean rubbed a hand over his face, "Cas, seriously-"

"I'll help you make pancakes. I promise."

"I was wrong, you are a five year old. I'm dating a five year old."

Suddenly Castiel's face was inches away, he'd pulled himself up to his knees on the bed.

"Cas-"

Castiel grabbed Dean's shirt with one hand, wound around his neck with the other and pulled him into a deep kiss. Dean tilted his head and deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms around Cas's waist. It was nice. Very nice.

He pulled away, "Cas....."

"Five minutes?"

Dean tried. He really tried not to look at Cas. But there was no other place to look when the guy was a centimeter away. And once Dean looked into those eyes again it was all over. Dean groaned.

"Five minutes."

Castiel grinned through sleep-filled eyes and began kissing him again. He fell back onto the bed, having gotten too tangled in the sheets to keep his balance, and Dean followed. Castiel's tongue entered his mouth and Dean tried to remember the time, tried to remember all of his duties and tasks for the day. But for the life of him he couldn't remember why the hell he was going to get up in the first place.

They rolled over and Dean tried to grab the hem of Castiel's shirt to tug it up and over his head. But he couldn't find the thing through all the damn sheets.

"What the hell Cas."

"Dean, you could simply pull it off from-"

"I know what I'm doing Cas, thank you."

Dean gave up and snatched a random part of the shirt, pulling at it until the fabric came up far enough for him to drag it over Castiel's head. He tried to pull Cas back down but Castiel's leg was bent, stuck in the sheets.

"Dude, come on."

Cas tried to pull the sheets up but he was way too tangled, "This-this is odd."

"Are you glued to the friggin' sheets or something?"

With a giant tug, Castiel pulled the sheet off of his leg, kneeing Dean hard in the ribs as he did do.

Dean did not yelp in that moment because Dean Winchester does not yelp.

"Apologies."

"You can take your apolog-"

Cas's lips cut him off and he slowly forgot about the moment until they started to roll over again.

Soon Dean was stuck in the sheets and was having trouble moving, swearing and mumbling to himself as him and Cas tried to untangle themselves. Dean swore loudly when he found the problem.

"There's a knot it in man."

"Oh."

"If you didn't move around at night so damn much this wouldn't-"

"Dean I can untie that."

"I can do it Cas."

"You seem like you require assistance."

"I don't require anything.....and would you get off my lap?!"

"I can't Dean. I'm stuck here."

Castiel took hold of the knot, trying to help untie it.

"Cas let go of it!"

"Dean just let me-"

"NO!"

"But-"

"SONOFABITCH!"

The knot came out and Castiel shot back from the force of it and fell off the bed, taking Dean down with him. Dean landed on Cas with a hard thump and groaned. There was a moment of silence as Dean tried to calm himself down and Castiel tried to breathe again.

"I think I'm awake now. Can we make pancakes Dean?"

Dean shook his head and stood up pulling the sheets into a tight ball and helping Cas up. He held them to Cas's face.

"I'm burning these."

"Dean, that would be a waste of money and fabric. Why would you-"

Dean cut him off with a finger to Cas's lips, "No. Actually, you are going to burn these because you started all of this in the first place, and Sam is going to make pancakes. I am going back to sleep."

Castiel stared at him for what felt like an hour, narrowing his eyes in concentration, until he finally spoke up.

"After I burn these and Sam makes pancakes, would you mind if I join you?"

"Of course the big five year old can join me."

"Dean, who is the big-oh. Right."