It Isn't Christmas Until You've Bought Yourself a Reindeer

Hiiiiiii!!!!!!!! So...I got Tumblr....and I would shamelessly promote myself to you all except for the fact that I have absolutely nothing except for a username. So maybe I'll shamelessly promote myself to you all when I get my life together (if that ever happens) and do something with my account.   I MADE

A CHRISTMAS FIC. YAY. I hope you enjoy it. I was going to write this for a friend and make it much more smutty, then dump it in her locker, cause, hello, it's Christmas! But then I got paranoid cause you never know where the paper would end up going, it could fall out without her noticing and end up in the WRONG HANDS and....yeah. HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE!!!!  :)   ______________________________________________________________________  

"They will not win Dean. We will prevail."

"This isn't some epic sword fighting contest Cas. It's just Christmas."

Castiel turned from his place at the window to gape at Dean, "Christmas is one of the most popular and beloved celebrations within the human race."

"Uh huh."

Dean plopped onto the couch, propping his feet up on the table and switching on the television, taking a swig of his beer. Living with an angel had its perks but Cas could be a real pain in the ass. And after finally being able to have a somewhat normal life after helping close the gates of Hell, Sam was finally off studying at Stanford. The only one who had the patience to deal with Cas's mad love of celebrating every single holiday known to man and woman.

"The neighbours were looking at me."

Dean groaned and leaned his head back against the couch, "Maybe that's because you were looking at them."

"I was being very discreet about it Dean. They peeked out from behind their curtains and quickly vanished out of the way when they saw me."

"And?"

"And that means that they see me as competition. They were obviously looking at our decorations."

"Your decorations."

"This is our house Dean. The decorations are our-"

Dean shook his head and turned off the TV, "No, I'm sorry Cas, but I refuse to accept any responsibility for the giant ass inflatable snowman out on the lawn."

"Dean. Don't you want us to win?"

Dean stood up and walked over to the angel who was continuing to stare out the window, and wrapped an arm around his waist, "It's a stupid competition Cas. The rest of the neighbourhood's judging it, and we're the weird newbs here. They'll probably walk on by this house like it doesn't exist."

Castiel sighed in annoyance, "We are not weird."

Dean kissed his way down Castiel's neck, "We're definitely not normal.....Why don't you just zap to some random country and get some really rare looking decorations?"

"I won't use that advantage Dean. This is a human tradition and I want to do it the human way."

"Does this mean you're gonna be spending the rest of the day on the roof again?"

"Yes."

Dean sighed into the angel's skin, "Maybe you could do that later?"

"Dean....." Castiel mumbled, leaning his head to the side to give Dean better access, "The houses will be checked tomorrow night. I need to prepare."

"Mmhmm," Dean continued kissing his neck, quickly nipping the skin here and there.

"The neighbours are watching us now."

"Even Mr. Blake?"

"Yes."

"He's a douche."

"I agree."

Dean looked up and sent a glare through the window, to the couple across the street, watching them with annoyance. Mr. Blake was almost sneering, shaking his head and muttering something to his wife, who kept glancing up at them and then down again.

"Cas?"

"Yes Dean."

"Kick their asses."

________

It had almost gone wonderfully. The next day Dean, deciding to join in the house decorating competition against the neighbours, spent the afternoon hanging up lights, setting out snowmen, fake santas, sleds, elves. He even talked Cas into zapping away to get an actual reindeer which they tied to the porch. The neighbours looked stumped at that one.

At some point Dean got tired of all the decorations and tinsel and decided to rest for awhile, falling asleep on the couch. Waking up and dragging himself outside, he walked over to the angel who was standing in front of the house with a smile on his face.

"What?" Dean asked, teeth chattering in the cold as he ran his hands up and down his arms to help warm himself.

"Look," Cas said, nodding to the house.

Dean walked to his side and looked up, gaping. The house was covered in lights, even the windows were completely covered. The lights ran in different lines and curves, creating different shapes and patterns. There were green ones, red ones, blue, yellow, pink......

"I checked. The neighbours are watching. Wait until I turn this all on......"

Dean stared at the mounds of lights before he realized that the angel was holding a plug, ready to push it into an extension.

"Uh Cas, wait- I don't think you should-"

The lights came on one by one, faster than Dean could follow, lighting up the whole neighbourhood as if it were on fire. Dean had to shut his eyes from the brightness of it, at first.

Then, as fast as it had zoomed on, the lights went out with a loud spark that almost made Dean jump. The neighbourhood was plunged into semi-darkness again, lit up somewhat by the neighbours lights across the street. Dean didn't bother turning around to see the smug looks on their faces.

"Shit," Cas said, loudly, as a woman and child walked by, the woman sending him a dirty look as they went.

Dean couldn't help it. He burst out laughing, bracing his knees to keep himself steady.