Chapter 16 ~ Battle Howls

Hey there, sweetheart...

So, after last chapter, I was so excited for the next that I immediately started writing it and haven't stopped really since. And, I thought that I would update this very beautiful chapter on this very exciting day because my exams are all done and my summer vacation now begins! Plus, I heard that I got a very lovely grade on a wonderful little test... so...

You can tell I'm in a chipper mood, can't you, love? Well, I am. Just another reason why I was compelled to update this chapter. 

And to make my mood infinitely better, I would dearly appreciate an onslought (probably not spelled right) of comments regarding the fantastic events that have unfolded.

Much Love,

~KC Blares

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful FireFlyAway because it was her who indirectly gave me the idea to this glorious chapter. I suggest that you hop on over to her page and thank her for me as well as read her enticing story, which semi-co-stars me! ;P

In addition, I recently took part in my first Wattpad Interview! Conducted by MoronicWisdom, it gives a little insight on me and my stories, including the summoning of this series, more specifically IDMWJ. I would be touched if you were to check it out. The link can be found on the bottom of my profile :)

HAPPY READINGS

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16 ~Battle Howls

KC’s P.O.V.

I was glad it was Saturday. Cameron and I had come to a mutual agreement that Saturdays we were to break from training so that everyone could recuperate from a week’s worth of training. And boy, I was so glad it was Saturday. It was already eleven-thirty in the morning and I hadn’t made the attempt to leave my sheet sanctuary. Instead, the sheets were thrown over my head and the bulk of Damon’s body pushed them upward into a tiny cavern.

            “You know we’re going to have to leave the bed sometime today, vixen,” Damon chuckled, his thumb gently stroking my cheek. I moaned, pressing myself closer to him and burying my face into his chest. He chuckled amusedly, his arms snaking around my body and his hands sliding along my bare back.

            “I’ll only get out if you make me some of that bacon,” I said against his skin.

            “Sure, vixen,” he mused as he kissed my forehead and pulled the sheets off of us. Both of us hesitating, we parted and slid off each side of the bed. From the floor, I grabbed my black shorts, pulling them on over my underwear, and a white tee shirt. I met Damon back at the kitchen where, clad in only his boxers, grabbed a pan from the cabinet.

            “You’re not getting dressed?” I asked, giggling. He turned towards me with a smolder and the pan in his hand, forcing out a new wave of giggles.

            “No,” he said simply then turned to the stove. I smiled girlishly as I walked to the fridge and pulled out the carton of orange juice, grabbing a glass from the cupboard, as well. I poured myself a glass and sat at the counter, all the while eagerly watching Damon working on the sizzling strips of meat.