Chapter 24: Lars's POV

"Taking over"
>>>
- I looked at Miles. He was in no shape to become the leader of the Vicious Five. We needed a leader until Shadow came back and the only one anyone thought of was Miles. Looking at him now, I see he's very unfit for the job.
"He's not going to be any help if he's crying and whining all the time," I say. Walker looks at me, then to Miles.
"I suppose you're right. But who else?" He asks, rubbing his temples. He was under a lot of stress since his family wanted him to marry someone soon.
"What about me?" I ask. If he voted yes, then all I would need is for Miles to agree. He didn't even have to since majority rules and since Walker is older and there's only two voters, he gets a bigger percent of the vote. As long as Walker said yes I'd be fine. Just kill these two, appoint my own, and find the potion. Easy. If taking out Shadow only required a phony phone call, then Walker and Miles shouldn't be too hard. Walker might be tricky, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Miles on the other hand, I'm sure I could just snap his neck with a twist of my wrist right now.
- Would Sebastian be trouble if he found anything out? Probably. I should take care of him too, just as a precaution. Maybe lure him by that dumbass cheating mate of his. Yeah that'll be easy as cake. I turn my attention back to reality before someone caught on.
"I have no idea Lars, you don't know as much as the rest of us," Mikes said.
"I know just as much, if not more, than you do. I may not have been a legal resident of the Vicious Five, but I did observe and research about it," I counter. He sighed loudly.
"Fine Lars, you can be the leader until Shadow comes back. Then you must resign. And those are the terms and conditions of your leadership."
"Of course." I bowed and left to my room. Shadow wasn't coming back, Charley made sure of that. He might not know it, but he did me a favor. He killed Bane and those stupid reverse werewolves.