Happy Birthday, Johnny

//I don't actually know when Johnny's birthday is I just thought this would be cute\\

Ponyboy's pov

     With everything happening I'm not surprised that I didn't remember til' now. It was Johnny's birthday today. Now I really wanted to talk to him alone.

  I got an idea, I'll tell two-bit Johnny and I have something we need to do. "Hey, two-bit Johnny and I will be right back." I say and wink at Johnny, I wonder what he was thinking..

"Alright cya later pony", I look at Johnny and he gets up off of the couch and starts to follow me. I'm so nervous, I lead him to the lot and sit down. He didn't say anything on our way there. Johnny is just standing there awkwardly, "sit down, we need to talk".

   Johnny sits down beside me and I look at him, I don't think I could do this he's so cute. "Listen.. About yesterday-" I start, Johnny cuts me off
"Don't worry about it ok." I look down, I felt real bad.

Johnny's pov

   Ugh now I made him upset, I ruin everything. I just wanted to cry, I was so frustrated, why do I mess up everything I do. I couldn't take it anymore, I put my hands on my face and start to sob silently, pony doesn't need to hear me cry. He looked up at me and asked "woah are you okay?", obviously not.

"I'm fine"

Of course he would know I'm lying... I felt him grab my face and force me to look up, my face was covered in tears. "Don't cry Johnnycakes" he comforted, and wiped the tears off of my face. Pony grabbed my hands and held them tight, I felt like he was going to break them, "Happy birthday, Johnny". He remembered?

I look up into his eyes, they were sparkling, I wanted to kiss him so bad. "Pony, will you.. Uh, kiss me again." My heart was beating so fast, he looked surprised when I asked that. "Close your eyes" he said in a soft voice, at first I just looked at him, but then I slowly closed my eyes.

Again, I feel pony's lips against mine, but this time I knew I wouldn't faint. I realized I did like it. I didn't know what to do, but luckily before he kissed me I had some time to mentally prepare myself for this. I kissed back, now I understood 'sparks fly' because, I felt it.

We break apart from the kiss and look at each other, I felt so good, I hope he felt the same way. "Johnny, I have liked you for a while." Pony said, putting his hand on the back of his neck. I liked him too but I was so speechless, that was literally breathtaking. Finally I get it out, "pony, I think.. Maybe, between us hanging out, I've accidentally.. Maybe, fallen in love with you."

   There was no maybe about it, I definitely had, I was just stuttering and didn't know what to say.

End of chapter 9