Chapter 7: The Process

"What is the dragon slayer mating season process?" Lucy say up but Natsu laid her back down again.

"It's-" but before Natsu could explain, the other slayers returned carrying bundles of wheat, baskets of fresh fruits, and boxes filled with water.

{A/N: you can actually get boxed water. It is a thing. No I have never tried it. But it exists, I'm not just going crazy...}

"Where were you Natsu? We could have needed your fire! Try thinking about others instead of yourself once and a while!" Sting lectured him.

"Wait- Lucy is awake? What did you do salamander?!?" Gajeel questioned.

"She woke up on her own." He left out the part of him actually poking and prodding her to make her wake up.

Laxus set the things onto the table as he sighed. "I guess we have to tell her the process now."

Wendy looked at Laxus. "Can I tell Lucy-san?"

"Go for it." Laxus flicked his hand, giving her permission to explain as he went to prepare the feast.

Wendy smiled and sat down in front of Lucy with Natsu beside her. "The dragon slayer mating season process consists of ten steps. The steps to perfection."

"These steps should lead us to the end of dragon slayer mating season, however, if it doesn't..." Natsu explained.

"If it isn't completed by or is completed too early, the slayers may end up going crazy and injuring their mate." Wendy continued.

"The steps are: 1) find a mate, 2) take your mate to the den where they are safe from any unwanted guests, 3) make sure your mate is comfortably set in a bed of your making. If you did not make it, make sure it is coated in 85, 000 layers of your scent, 4) prepare a meal for your partner. After sleeping for three days, they'll be hungry, 5) once fed, allow them to wander the den and to know their surroundings. This is essential for the process, though you must keep an eye on them just in case they decide to make a run for it." Natsu spoke softly.

"What if they try to run away?" Lucy asked.

"Just watch Mira-san, she'll try to escape, watch what happens and you'll get your answer." Wendy answered.

"Okay..." Lucy was a bit unsure and slightly more confused.

"6) lay your mate back into their bed and then assign roles."

"Roles?"

"Like King, Queen, Prince, princess, etc."

"7) knead your mate until the tension has smoothed out. 9) mark-"

"Wait, what about step 8?"

"You don't want to know about step 8 Lucy-san."

"It's the step that older dragon slayers do something with their mate to create babies." Natsu explained.

"What?" Lucy was shocked.

Natsu nodded and continued. "9) mark your mate by giving them a small bite. This is to make sure everyone knows that they are yours. And finally 10) protect your mate at all costs."

"Wow." Lucy looked at Wendy and Natsu.

Both Wendy and Natsu nodded.

"Now, unfortunately, you must go back to sleep Lucy." Natsu frowned and knocked Lucy out.

The two slayers then proceeded to go help the other slayers with the feast.

=================================

{A/N: that is all for this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. I might not update until Sunday because this week is really busy, but I'll try my best. I'd like to say thank you for reading this and for voting on it. You guys are awesome!}