Their future

Chapter 13:

Peeta left early today to work at the bakery and see how his employees are doing, so I'm alone. I would have gone with him but I felt really tired. I thought I should exercise a little so for about an hour I jogged. Once I couldn't feel my legs anymore I stopped by Gale's house. I gulped down and just kept walking. I could see from a distance the liquor store with Haymitch in it as always. Is there anything else I could do here in district twelve. Before I could start jogging again a sharp pain hit my back. I sank to my knees and saw blood around me. I touched my back to touch a handle of a knife. I saw a woman standing behind me. I scoff holding my bloody back. "Why?" I rasp. The woman runs away when I start hearing sirens. Everything was blurry now. I took out the knife myself and just laid on the concrete bleeding. From the bakery I could make out Peeta running towards me and a bunch of medics too. I was put in an ambulance. Peeta was holding my hand "Who did this to you?" He asked. I opened my mouth but I couldn't speak. "Katniss?" "Katniss!?" The last part of my name sounded faint. I looked up at the ceiling and my hand lost the grip I had on Peeta's hand.