What?

Chapter 49:

I stumble back in horror and clasp my hands against my mouth. "How could they do this!?" I retorted. Gale shrugs and looks at me. "I wouldn't think that they're doing this on purpose..." "What do you mean?" I look back out the hole to see Effie. "Maybe they're under some type of delusional thing or something. Like Peeta." "Peeta's not like this." I say defending Peeta. "I meant what Snow did to him. Maybe they did that to them." "And what if they're just doing it out of malice?" I ask. "Then we're screwed." He says. "But if they are, who could be behind this?" I ask. "Like I said. Probably Capitol people."
The van came to a complete stop and the doors opened. Gale was right. Instead of a light blue, Effie's eyes were blank and she acted almost zombie like. I saw a few sparks coming from her neck. "Gale I don't even think that's Effie." I point at the crackling electricity. Gale takes the hammer in his hands and throws it at her. "Effie" fell down. Right where the hammer hit her there was a crack and I could see shining metal. "Robot." Gale muttered. "This makes no sense." I say. "Let's just go and report this." He says. "I can't walk my feet are tied." I say. Gale takes off the rope on me and helps me up. "Come on."