Chapter 2

Later at work

"A competition?! To go to LA? Meet Luke Conard?!" Rachel exclaimed as we were stocking the tomato sauces on the shelves.

"I know right?!" I nearly screamed at the top of my voice. "This is the opportunity I need to get out of this stupid place! We have to win this competition!"

"Grace, Luke has so many subscribers, there's next to no chance of us winning this thing."

I sighed, getting desperate. "We gotta try. Imagine, going to LA, meeting so many incredible YouTubers, especially Joey effing Graceffa of all people! Do you know how important this is to me?"

Rachel stared down at the floor, unsure.

"Even if we don't win, at least we gave it a shot." I said finally, pushing back the chopped tomatoes.

"What do we have to do to enter?" She asked, passing me another can.

"Post a video response, showing our talent." I said awkwardly.

"Girl, look. We have no talent." She gasped.

"That's a bit harsh. We're stocking these cans like true pros here!"

We both laughed out loud and saw that many of the customers were staring at us. We soon got back to talking.

"Why don't we just try making a funny video and posting it as a response? I need you, Rach. You're the smart one. You can come up with an idea, please, pretty please....."

I got down from the ladder and pulled the puppy dog eyes which made Rachel groan.

"All right. But if I look like a complete idiot for nothing, I'm going to bloody kill you."

I hugged her tightly and we soon got yelled at by the assistant manager to get back to work. The sooner we get out of here, the better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a week since we posted our video onto YouTube and nothing had happened. I even checked Twitter to see if Luke or even Joey commented about the competition, still nothing. Things were starting to look bleak.

What's worse is, I have a cold. I'm currently trying to make the Nutella Hot Chocolate Ingrid posted on her channel years ago. The problem is I have no whisk. How can it be a kitchen without a whisk?! That reminded me of a danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil YouTube video. See what I spend my spare time doing on a daily basis?

I went back onto Twitter, with my hot chocolate in my favourite mug, to check again. A new tweet from Joey had just appeared on my feed.

"Luke tells me he's announcing the winner of his competition on his Live Stream tomorrow! GOOD LUCK GUYS!"

Oh great. His live stream were always on at 3am in the UK. I texted Rachel, telling her the news and asking if she wanted to stay at mine to find out who won. She soon replied back, saying yes. I suddenly got a nervous feeling in my stomach. I can't wait till tomorrow, I want to find out now!