Chapter Two

Maelee puts her stuff down on top of a nearby chair as she entered the apartment. She heads to her couch and sits down, she turns on her port screen and waits a little bit. The screen went from black to a bright light meaning the port screen was powering on. She waits patiently while the port screen was getting ready.

Maelee looked back down at the port screen once it finished turning on. She opened up the files she was currently reading about Princess Selene. The files about Queen Levana were intact, but the articles about Selene was gone. She kept going through to find the articles, searching different files and cursing under her breath.

"That mechanic must have done something to it," Maelee muttered.

She grabs her things to get ready to leave until she heard a knock on the door. She reaches the knob and opens the door to find a lunar thaumaturge awaiting.

"Hello? Can I help you?" Maelee speaks while her spine shivers.

"Are you Maelee Shire? May I scan your ID?" The thaumaturge said in a monotone sort of way while pulling out a scanner.

"Yes? Is there something wrong?" Maelee lifts her wrist waiting to be scanned.

"An anonymous call was received at a small market saying you had some confidential and threatening information on your port screen"

"What? I wouldn't say threatening.. Wait, does that mean you're arresting me? Because you have to have proof," Maelee was speechless.

"We do have proof we were able to scan your port screen and collect the data for evidence"

"So what now? Are you going t-"

"Lady Shire, you are now under arrest for holding confidential files that can be used to threaten Queen Levana"

"Oh stars! Are you serious? I had no intention on hurting Levana's image!" Maelee stood there not budging when the thaumaturge reached and tried to hand cuff her.

"Lady Shire, you are now resisting arrest. This is my only warning," the thaumaturge stated struggling to grasp a hold of Maelee.

Maelee still wouldn't budge and started shoving away from the thaumaturge. The thaumaturge did not take this calmly, he took out his gun shaped thing out its holster and pressed the green button. Just then Maelee shrieked in pain and collapsed to the floor. She tried getting up and looked towards the thaumaturge in front of her. He pressed the button again and Maelee blacked out.

----------

A jerk woke Maelee up, she sat up and looked around the small box shape container she was held in. It felt like she was being transferred in a hover truck of some sort. She couldn't stand all the way up because the top wasn't very high. Though Maelee was use to things not being the proper height because she was taller than the average lunar, this was unusually small for even an average lunar. As she tried to lift her legs, she lifted one foot and heard a big chain move while her foot became ten times heavier than it was.

Maelee felt numb and exhausted, she didn't realize at the time that the thaumaturge was probably carrying a stun gun. The gun he used was different but similar at the same time, it felt more extreme like it was on high velocity. They don't use that strong of a bolt unless it was for threatening situations. Maelee didn't think her shoving away from him was that threatening, but the thaumaturge did arrest her because of the threatening information she had. So that's probably why, he probably saw her as a terrorist and every move she would make he probably thought it was threatening.

She didn't really care about him shooting her now, well now that it was over and done with. Her main problem was to convince Queen Levana that she wasn't a threat and that she doesn't need any jail time. Which is pretty hard because Levana doesn't take kindly to potential threats. She either ends up throwing the accused into a prison to rot for the rest of their lives or they are forced to kill themselves. With Maelee being a potential threat, her fate leads to those particular options.

Maelee felt the need to punch a wall. She didn't do anything wrong. If some one should get in trouble, it should be her boss. He assigned the task to her, she had to follow orders or she would lose her job. Under those circumstances Queen Levana must understand. Although there was a very slim chance that she would understand and spare Maelee's life. Levana wouldn't care, even if it was her own step daughter Winter on trial.

The truck came to an abrupt stop, making Maelee unbalanced enough to slightly fall over. The doors of the small box opened with the same lunar thaumaturge holding the door knob.

"Out," the thaumaturge barked.

"Fine... Except I have this chain around my ankle and I can't move," Maelee seethed.

The thaumaturge reached over and yanked on her ankle, making Maelee give out a small yelp. He kept yanking and fidgeting with her ankle and the chain until they both heard the click. Maelee was relieved, but quickly noticed that the thaumaturge was slightly bent over. She seized the moment by swiftly taking both of her elbows and driving them down right between the shoulder blades. She hoped that was enough to bring him down. When he fell and hit the floor of the small box she climbed over him and out of the box.

Maelee raced out of the garage like area where the hover truck was being kept in and turned down a big hallway with doors and an elevator. She didn't want to risk being caught if any of the doors had many thaumaturges or guards. Maelee runs down to the hall and goes straight for the elevator hitting the up button.

"Go! Go! She must've went down that hallway," she heard a call from the distance.

Knowing that if they catch her, she for sure will be put to death. Maelee was becoming anxious and jittery until she heard the bing of the elevator. Once the doors open, she slides in and hits a random number. Down the hallway she could see guards and a couple thaumaturge running her way. The doors finally close and she feels a bit of relief.

All Maelee wanted right now was to be back at her apartment relaxing. Wishing that her boss never gave her the assignment, that the port screen never broke, the mechanic never reported her, and that the thaumaturge never came looking for her.... Though it didn't matter now what she wished for, now she needed to focus on how to survive. An that's by finding a way out of the castle and then finding a way to hide out of sight, forever. Which meant leaving Luna, and heading to Earth.