Part 19: Without A Heart Pt.1 (HQ-not Hook)

He couldn't explain why.  Something inside him told him to go to her.  At first he tried to hide his feelings to thinking he liked Emma, which he was attracted to her, but he was torn between two women. 

   Acting upon his feelings he made his way to her house.  He reached the front door of the mansion.  He knocked. 

   The person he was falling for, for real was right there at the door.  "Graham?"  Regina asked.  "What are you doing here?" 

   "Can we talk?  It's important."  He said.

   "Of course.  Is everything alright?"  Regina questioned and let him in. 

   They moved to the living room.  She got him some cider and some for herself.  He nodded and smiled slightly as she sat down.

   "So...what's going on?"  She asked sincerely, taking a sip of her drink.

   She hated seeing him all nervous and lost, she didn't know when, why, or how, but she was in love with him.  She kept telling herself that love is weakness and that she can't fall in love, it's impossible.  She tried not to show it, but anytime she saw Emma she would think of Graham seeming to like her, it left her heartbroken, again.  So much pain, it was stupid.  So stupid of her to think someone would actually love her.  And so stupid to think that someone she loved wouldn't get taken from her. 

   "I...how do I say this?"  He struggled.  She laughed a bit and placed a hand on his. 

   "Graham, honey...it's okay."  He looked up from her hand to find her eyes that sparkled from the artificial lighting.  She looked...breathtaking.

"I...I think I'm in love." He finally said. Regina's face went from reassuring smile to frown, he's in love with Emma.

"Oh...it's Emma, isn't it?" Regina tried to hold her tears back, not really wanting an answer.

His brows furrowed. "No. I'm not." He frowned.

"Then who?" She asked desperately.

"You." He said after a minute and her eyes went wide, the tears she tried to hold back won out and fell.

"I...how?" She was shocked and how stay didn't believe him. "You're lying aren't you?!" She stood up immediately. She just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that someone could fall in love with her. It-made-no-sense.

"No!!! Why would I lie about that?!" He stood up abruptly and then they moved closer trying to figure each other out.

"I...just thought you liked Emma." She said sadly.

"I-I-I do like her, as a friend, but you...I-". Then he moved forward, cupping her face and kissed her passionately. She was still confused.

He broke the kiss and still held her close. "I just don't know why...why would you like me? There's plenty of other beautiful women out there and you choose me?"

He was getting irritated, she has to stop talking about herself like that. "Regina! Look you are beautiful, okay! Even though you say some questionable things, which I find kind of sexy-". He murmured. "But, the point is that you can be loved, I really, truly like you, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay." She chuckled.

"I hardly ever hear you laugh, you should do it more often. It's cute." He smiled at her. She blushed. "So why don't you believe?"

Daniel. "I-". Her usually deep voice cracked into a hurt little girl's voice. He frowned and caressed her cheek.

"You can tell me later. I don't want you to if you don't want to."

"Thank you."

A smirk spread across her face. She longed into him and kissed him fiercely, they landed on the couch.