Chapter 16

Hey guys, so we're on chapter 16! Whooo! I didn't think I'd make it this far, but I think this book is going to end soon. I want to make it to about 15-20 thousand words; it is currently at 13.5 thousand (not including the character description part) But thank you guys for voting and reading. I may make a sequel, depending if you guys want one or not..?

Idk. give me your opinions and we'll see :)

We drive home in complete silence. Phil, Halsey, and I were driving home from the movies. Dan is at home working on something that I couldn't remember what it was about.

"Phillll?" Halsey whined from the passenger seat. Phil was driving and I was sitting in the back.

"Yes?" Phil replied, turning the corner. "I made us reservations for Lakeside tonight at 7, dress nice please?"

lucky. Me and Dan didn't go out on actual dates; its always just takeout and Netflix. Originally, that's all I ever really wanted. Simple things. But now, considering the fact we have been doing it for the past 6 months we have been dating? It's bad and overplayed. I can't ask Dan to take me out. Im too scared to do that.

We arrived home. I got out if the car with the two lovebirds following and went into the house. I went over to the couch where Dan was laying and messing around on his laptop. I sat next to him and watched him edit a video of himself. About a month ago, he and Phil started making youtube videos and are already starting to gain subscribers, thanks to other friends who helped promote their channels. A/N I know Phil started making videos and Dan was a fan, then they met, ect, but just roll with this storyline plz "Hey Da-" I said, cutting myself off when I saw he was on youtube. I rolled my eyes and turned my direction to start walking to the kitchen. "Hey-" he said, trailing off. He was too busy watching some video.

I was getting mad. Me and Dan had hardly any time together. He was overtaken by his videos, and over half the time he wasn't even making videos! He was just watching them! Phil made videos too, but look how much fucking time he has for Halsey! I grabbed a bowl of salad and stood from the kitchen island, watching him. A few moments later Phil walked in and looked at me staring at Dan. I turned towards Phil, who caught on and watched Dan get sucked into the computer screen. Phil looed back to me and raised his eyebrows at me, as if say "oh my god this is getting annoying". But it's true! Dan was so bloody interested in whatever was going on that he can't even focus on his best friend or his girlfriend! Phil grabbed a water off the table and headed back to his room silently, but I stayed to watch Dan. I decided to make a move.

"So Dan, I was wondering if you wanted to come to America with me and meet my parents?" I said. Of course this wasn't going to actually happen, I just wanted to see if he would even pay attention.Though he said nothing. "Dan?" I questioned. No answer. "Dan! Could you please get off your stupid website and talk to me?!" I said, walking to him so he could see me. He paused the video and looked up to me, with big eyes, and said nothing. Surely he had heard me raise my voice. "Yeah- we coulda- go to your parents" he managed to say. So he WAS listening? He continued to look at me with scared puppy-dog eyes. "I'm done here" I spat, grabbing my bag off the couch and headed towards the front door. "Wait- Asht- where are you going?" he said, running to me. Now he cares. Wow. "I am leaving" I said and proceeded to unlock the door. "Wait why? Where are you going?" he asked grabbing my arm. "Don't worry" i said, getting out of his grasp. "Just think of it as I'm giving you more time to watch more videos" His whole face turned into worry, but I continued."And I'm giving myself some time to find someone who cares about me being in their life." I said, slamming the door in his face. With that, I walked to my car. I was halfway there too, until I heard Dan following me. "Ash ar eyou leaving me?!" I heard jim yell from behind. I should leave him, I though. But I couldn't. I'll just give this one time to sort itself out. I just hopped in the car without ever answering his question, and drove home.

Of course, the next time I looked at my phone I had a bunch of missed calls and texts from Dan, and one of each from Phil. I decided to look at the messages: Dan's was a bunch of pleading whereas Phil's was slightly different-

I know why you left. Sorry this all happened. Please call him back he's worried sick. Hope you guys work it out.

He's worried? About what? I never exactly said I was leaving him. I've been here the whole relationship; he's been somewhere else. I got out of the car and went into my apartment. I looked around. What's going to happen now? I spent plenty of time over at Dan's house and at school. I obviously can't go back to Dan's, and school was out of the question. I decided to open my laptop and work (my current job was an online journalist, I get paid for how many people read and like my articles). I started writing about whatever came to my mind, then got distracted by tumblr and twitter.

It was about an hour after Dan had stopped trying to contact me, and I finally got another call from him. I didn't pick up, but just watched my screen as it turned back off. What if that was the last time he calls? It's been, what, an hour since I left? Knowing I couldn't sit here and let him worry and have Phil deal with it, I called him back. He picked up on the first ring. "What? Why do you keep calling me?" i spit.

Hey guys I hope you guys like this book, please don't forget to vote and comment :)
I'll see you guys later

peace~