THE RUINS AND TORIEL

Chapter 2

From behind my closed eyelids I saw the bright light from our souls fade away. I held my breath, expecting it to feel pain, but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see Flowey being attacked by another monster.

This one seemed to be female. She was clad in fancy purple robes and had white fur all over her body, along with a pair of goat-like horns and floppy ears. She was throwing smoldering hot balls of fire at flowey who hissed and dissappeared underground.

I let go of Eric and realized that the holographic options were gone too. I quickly brushed away the tears from the corners of my eyes. The goat woman stopped throwing the fireballs and gave a sigh of relief before turning to us.

"What a horrible creature, torturing such poor innocent souls. Are you two alright?"

"Now we are, thank you for saving us." Eric said gratefully. He adjusted his glasses. I noticed his hands were trembling bit. She gave us a gentle smile.

"Of course. My name is Toriel, I am the caretaker of these ruins." She said gesturing around the room.

Now that I thought about it there were pieces of rubble littered around the cave. They looked like parts of collumns and pillars.

"I often come here in case any humans ever fall into the underground. You two are the first humans to come here in a very long time. What are your names?"

"Well i'm Aria and this is cousin Eric. We fell down here a while ago but we never really expected to see any monsters down here.." I said.

"I see. Well in any case we need to get you out of here my children. It's not safe, that creature may return. Follow me."

Eric shot me a worried glance and I knew we both shared the same concerns. We didn't know if Toriel was really trustworthy. We just ran into an evil talking flower who tried to kill us and this lady shows up?

"It's okay. She saved us remember? I don't think she can be that bad." I whispered to him.

"I hope you're right. I don't want to die Ari.."

"I know.."

He took my hand again and we both followed Toriel into the rest of the ruins.

The next room had two sets of stairs that lead up to another door, one each side of the room. Strewn all over the floor were piles of red leaves.

'How did they even get down here?' I decided to question it. I'd just give myself a bigger headache that way. I mean after seeing talking flowers and goat monsters everything seemed possible.

As we approached the stairwells I noticed something sparkling among the leaves. I gestured Eric to come over. Lying there was a fist sized sparkling stone. It was glowing and constantly shifting between the colors red and green, the colors of our souls.

I felt attracted to it somehow, and before Eric could stop me-I should probably stop doing things on impulse shouldn't I?-I reached down and touched the stone with my index finger.

It began to glow a deep red and a wave of calming and healing passed through my body. A status bar appeared and it filled all the way to 20. I felt my headache dissapear and seeing the shadowy ruins looming over us filled me with determination.

I stood up and turned to Eric, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Hey it's alright, I think it heals you. My headache disspeared." He raised an eyebrow.

"Just try it."

His hand was still shaking but he leaned down and touched the stone. It glowed a bright green and a smile formed on his lips. He pressed the save option and stood up looking very refreshed and somewhat kinder. Which is a pretty strange thing to say I know, but he seemed to glow with a happy and peaceful aura.