Chapter 27

A/N: just a warning that this chapter gets pretty speech heavy near the end. Also, this fic is almost over. Just another few chapters. :)

(Harry's P.O.V)

After Louis dropped me off, I took a short breath and reluctantly started to walk forward. I bit my lip as I took long strides, not ready to face what would come as I entered the school.

I knew something would happen, Jake must've made up some rumour or something by knowing what he's like. My hands shook with fear as I pushed open the front doors, walking inside. I kept my head down as I trudged throughout the hallways, and I was thankful for my long curls covering my eyes so I couldn't see the look of judgement on peoples faces.

Students whispered, and some even barked out a few homophobic slurs. Being gay definitely was not fun, especially when being in a high school filled with idiotic jerks who don't know how to keep their opinions to themselves.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as an excited voice came up beside me, "Hey Harry, how are you?" Alexis spoke, a smile evident on her face. I shrugged, biting down on my lip. We stopped at my locker since it was before hers and she awkwardly stood there.

Before I opened the metal door I did nothing but spare her a glance and mumble out, "How are you?"

Alexis flicked off a few students who were staring at us and turned to me, "I'm alright, a bit uhm, upset?"

I frowned as I reached in my locker and grabbed the books I needed and shut it when done. We continued to walk and I gave a small smile to my one and only friend, "Why are you upset?"

"I can't speak about it," She said way too quickly, her gaze not once meeting mine. Alex rubbed at her eyes and said something incoherent under her breath. I questioned her about it but she just stated that I was hearing things.

When we reached her locker, I patently waited for her to get out her things and soon we were walking down the corridors again. We entered the maths classroom and she followed as I sat at a chair in the very front. She looked uncomfortable about sitting where everyone could see her and I was about to move to the back until she grabbed my arm, "Stay." Was all she said, and I reluctantly nodded.

My breath caught as we sat there, and someone's hand was on my shoulder. I didn't dare look up because I knew who it was standing by my chair.

Jake laughed at my cowardliness and squeezed tightly on my shoulder, "S-stop please." I squeaked out, trying to be as quiet as possible. This caused Jake to only push harder and I tried to get away but it didn't work.

"No," He seethed, and Alexis glared at the boy but didn't do anything to help out. She just stared at him and gave this look, mouthing something to the bully. She then got up, walking out of the room randomly.

I was going to text her and ask her why she just got up and exited the class, but decided against it.

He let go and pulled on one of my curls before patting my back harshly and making his way to the back with his friends. They all smirked my way and laughed with Jake, like he just did the best thing in the world. Jake then waved to his friends and left after looking at his phone.

I didn't have time to think about what just happened before the teacher barged in, and he soon began the lesson that I really couldn't care less about. I instead doodled down random things, glancing over at a boy named Jarvis who was sitting two spots over with a scowl on his face as he stared at me. He quickly turned away and looked out the window.

My eyes shut as something suddenly went flying over to me, and I opened them after a few seconds of silence. I was met with a crumpled up piece of paper and I gingerly picked it up. My eyes scanned over the messy writing and it took me a second to read it but eventually I did.