Chapter 1

Okay, I want to start off saying thank-you to all my readers who have kept reading this story! I love all you guys! Enjoy!

Chapter 1

I could feel someone shaking my body, though I was not in the mood to wake up yet."Go away," I groaned.

I heard someone squeal and then the shaking got harder."I knew you were awake!Happy Birthday Riley! You're sixteen!"

I sighed, knowing this nuisance of a person would not be going away anytime soon.I sat up trying to flatten my hair to try and make my bed hair less worse.

"Thanks Mel," I said in a hoarse voice, not having to open my eyes to know it was her.

"So... I have the best plan for today!You're going to love it."

I shook my head with I smile on my face."No I think you're going to love it."

She rolled her eyes at me."No, we're both going to love it."

I laughed, knowing that it probably wouldn't be true, but I'd do whatever she had planned anyways.Mel tended to have crazy plans, and although sometimes they were fun, most of them were stuff I didn't usually do.

An hour later and we were standing in front of a Nail Salon.

And I burst out laughing."Nails?This is your great birthday surprise?"

Mel gave me her pouty face."Oh come on Ri-ri, you never do anything girly like this! Pleeeaaasssseeee?"

I rolled my eyes at her; she only used Ri-ri when she really wants something really bad."Alright, we can go get a manicure like normal girls."

"Don't forget the pedicure!" she squealed.

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it.Usually I wasn't the type of girl who wasted time having people paint her nails, but I absolutely loved the foot rub.Even if it was by a cranky Asian who I'm pretty sure was talking about me with the other worker in whatever language she spoke.

It was almost lunch by the time both of us were done, and Mel started walking us towards "The Cottage," my favorite restaurant.Unfortunately we had to sit inside, not outside on the lake because of how cold it was.

"So," Mel started off saying."What do you want to do for the afternoon.I figured we'd do what you wanted before my plans for tonight."

I groaned."Mel, what do you have planned for tonight?"

She gave me her biggest smile."You'll just have to wait and see!"

I was about to argue, but decided against it since I knew it would be pointless.Mel would get her way anyway.So instead I just enjoyed my lunch with Mel since we hardly ever got to hangout like this anymore.I was so busy with school and then working at the mountain lately.

We spent most of the days walking down the main strip of stores and shopping, but then I saw something on the lake that I couldn't resist.

"Mel!Dog sledding!" I yelled.She laughed at my excitement but both of us starting running down to the line of people.

***

"No way Mel.I am NOT wearing that."

I put my arms over my chest resolutely.There was no way I was giving way on this.

"Oh come on Riley!You would look so hot!Every guy at the party will be hitting on you!"

"And that's exactly why I'm not going to wear it."

Mel let out a frustrated sound."Please Riley?For me?"

"Isn't it supposed to be my birthday?"

"Yes, but you know you had a great day today.You owe me."

I gave an uncertain look toward the dress laying out on my bed.It was a plain black dress, but strapless and tight all the way down making it look pretty slutty. And even without trying it on I knew it would barely cover my butt."I'm sorry Mel, but can't you find me another one?"

"Really Riley?" she said with a sigh.I knew she was giving up, for once in her life.

"Yes, really."

She let out another frustrated sigh but went to my closet to look for another dress."Fine, but I'll get you to wear that dress one day."

"Sure you will," I said with a laugh.But I knew there was no way I would be wearing that.

Mel finally found an outfit that passed both of our approval, although she didn't seem all that happy about the compromise.I was wearing a skirt, but it wasn't tight and went down at least half my thigh, which was saint-like length for Mel.I was wearing the tank top that went with it and a sleeveless cardigan since I wasn't comfortable in just the tank top/

And of course Mel looked absolutely stunning once she was ready.She was wearing a simple jean skirt and tank top, with her short, blonde hair in curls.But with her figure and attitude, she pulled it off like it was the sexiest outfit ever.

Although Mel wouldn't tell me exactly where we were going, I could guess it would be a party.My birthday just happened to be on Dec. 31st, so there would be a lot of New Year's Eve parties tonight.Usually I wouldn't go to a party like this, because the whole school would be there. But Mel really wanted to go, and I was a push over.

"How are we getting there?Please don't tell me Cole is driving us."Cole was Mel's semi-boyfriend.It was more like they hung out and did who-knows-what.Well, actually, I could probably guess just what they were doing.But every time he drove us he always got drunk and we'd have to find some other way home.

"No, it's at his house so that'd be pretty pointless.So Jackson is going to be picking us up."

Oh, duh.Of course Jackson would be going.

"Alright, I think we're ready," she said with a smile.