Chapter Ten

so this is dedicated to LovelyDazee because she thought it would take forever for me to update again... when really it only took a day! :D HA!  But anyways... there was something else I wanted to say... darn I can't remember! Urrrrr... hate when that happens.  Anyways, hope you all like the chapter... I REMEMBER!!!!!!! This is also dedicated to Lovely Dazee because she said my chapters are extremely short (which they are but w.e.) so i made this one longer... although it's still kind of short. haha.  Anyways, please vote and comment! I'd really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 10

By Friday morning everyone in school was still sad and depressed.  There had been a candle lighting ceremony in the center of town where everyone shared their memories of Jamie Monday night.  It was nice, but everyone was freezing cold by the end of it.

And for me… well I had spent every night doing perimeters around town, making sure none of those wolves came in again.  It was tiring, but worth it if I could stop any other people from being killed.

Also to make matters worse, at least for me, there was now talk of going out on a hunt for the wolves.  There was opposition to it of course by the animal lovers in our town, but most were just afraid of what happened to Jamie happening to their own children, or even themselves.  There had been no official hunt yet, but that didn’t mean people hadn’t already laoded their guns and gone searching.

Which made doing perimeters around the town a real b*tch for me.

The bell ending 5th period took me out of my musing and I got up, grabbing my books mechanically.  After I put all my books in my locker I started heading towards the history room, like I had been doing every lunch period this week.  Usually if I didn’t sit with Jackson for some reason, then I was able to sit with Mel, but now both those choices were gone so I was elft doing extra work in a classroom.

As I was turning a corner I ran straight into someone, but didn’t fall right on my but like I normally would have.  Mentally I thanked my new amazing balance since becoming a werewolf.

But I stopped being thankfully when I saw who I had run into.  “Hey Jackson,” I said quietly, not really meeting him in the eye.

But he didn’t reply, just walked around me.  It broke my heart for him to just ignore me like that, but maybe I did deserve it…

Wait.  Why did I deserve it?  It’s not like I’d specifically hurt him. Mel I could understand, but Jackson? He needed to get over it.

“Jackson, wait,” I said, and a shiver went down my back at the authority in m voice.  Oops, didn’t mean to sound like that.

Jackson stopped, and slowly turned around.  “What do you want?” he said, meeting my gaze head on.

My heart picked up speed as I recognized the challenge.  That was one thing about wolves, eye contact like that always made me feel like I was being challenged for dominance.  And Jackson knew that.

Just ignore it! I told myself harshly.