Chapter Four: Anthony

Just a little heads up, this story is now being told from the perspective of a new person! All throughout the story, I'll be switching back and forth between Natalia and Anthony, and possibly any other characters whose perspectives I feel should be shared, if that makes sense. :P 

I remember the first time I saw the ad. In the crisp cool summer haze of an evening in Times Square, everything is illuminated, and all of the lights are enough to blind you. It seems almost like every single neon sign is screaming at you at the top of its lungs. It’s almost way too much to take it. That’s how I felt the first time I saw it. Staring down on me was the hottest model I had ever seen, and I could barely take it in. But I knew I had seen this face before. I knew very well exactly where I had seen this face before. And it scared me to death.

She stood above me by herself, long legged, tan, almost larger than life, smiling down on me. But not the smile of a sweet, innocent girl. A toothless, almost haunting smile. A smile that said, “Catch me if you can!” And a smile that was glad that I was so out of reach. She sported a lacy black and white polka dotted lingerie set, with the iconic wings stretched out behind her, as if ready to guide her towards heaven. She had one hand in her hair, pushing it out from her face, and the other slightly awkwardly on her hip, with her arm bent out. One of her knees was bent, so that she leaned forward ever so slightly, as if to get even closer in my face. While her smile seemed almost like a taunt, it still had a playful, happy glow to it. While it was clear that there had been some photo shop done to here to make her ungodly skinny, and acne free, her real beauty still managed to shine through. I couldn’t stop staring at it. Damn. Then I looked into her eyes, and realized exactly who she was.

“Hey hey hey Anthony! Found another one? Well, dicks off, ‘cause she’s mine.”

“I know that girl. At least, I-I-I used to.”

“Uh huh. Right. Sorry man, I saw her first.”

“No, really, I’m serious.”

“Oh really? Did I know her too?”

“Hell yeah. She went to our high school.”

“…our high school? Not even. Most of the girls were beat as fuck. And if they were even sort of pretty, no way they were as fucking gorgeous as Miss Victoria’s Secret up there.”

“That was six years ago Shannon. Things change.”

“So who was it then?”

“Natalia Hawthorne.”

“…what?”

“Natalia. You remember her right?”

“You mean acne braced faced Natty?”

“Exactly.”

“What the fuck? No way man. How the fuck can you tell?”

“I just can. I don’t know, something in her face just screams Natalia.”

“I don’t see it at all. I mean first of all, you know that girl’s hair was nappy as hell. Second, look at that girl’s skin. It’s fucking perfect! Third, Nat was seriously underdeveloped in the chest compartment. And look up there! What do you see first?”

There was no point in arguing with him anymore.

“Tits.”

“Exactly!”

“Well, a lot could change in six years.”

“Yeah, but since when did she want to become a model?”