Chapter Two - Exploring Brissia

Laia and Dylan approached Brissia's palace, their new home. They walked through large, golden plated gates, and stared up at the tall, pale brown palace. It had a majestic, wooden door that was twice the size of Laia, and she was very tall. After a few seconds, they opened the door. Inside the palace, was a small room. It had a red carpet with glittery, gold patterns sewn into it. The walls were painted a very pale pink and the sunlight was let in by fancy windows and crystal chandelier was on the ceiling. In the corner, was a white staircase with a similar carpet going up it, but this one was pink.
"Goodness! Look at this place! Can you believe we get to live here?" The Princess turned to Dylan, but he wasn't listening, he was running up the stairs in excitement. "Wait for me!" She called, the stairs were long and it took about three minutes just to run to the first floor. But the brother and sister were having too much fun to notice. Everything was better on the first floor, the corridor was decorated with many rare flowers. Dylan's eyes then fell on something at the end of the snake length corridor.
"A balcony!" He gasped, "Should we go outside?" The Prince wondered.
"Yeah." She smiled, she ran out to the balcony. There was a table that had a glass bowl of fruits in the centre of it. The blonde haired princess took a smooth nectarine from the bowl and ate it, it was the most succulent thing she had ever eaten. The prince took a few green grapes and ate them, moaning in pleasure as he had each one.
Laia grinned in amazement,
"You're eating fruit? You never eat fruit... EVER!"
"I do when the fruit is perfect, these grapes are really sweet!" The girl laughed.
"I'm glad you're finally enjoying something that's actually good for you."
Dylan gave his sister a kind of awkward look, but then the silence was broken as they heard a bird squawking, at the side of the balcony was a beautiful peacock. It had pale pink feathers, and it opened its tail up to reveal a mesmerising mixture of pale yellow and lilac.
"Oh, it's so cute!" Princess Laia put her hand out to the regal bird, and to her surprise, it walked up to her and let him pet it's forehead.
"Hey, me too!" Prince Dylan ran up to the peacock and gently stroked it's feathers. After three minutes or so, the bird walked back to it's corner to rest.
"Everything's so perfect here. We should thank the King Of Creation for this!" Smiled the twelve year old. She looked up to the sky and called out, "King? I would like to say thank you for letting us stay here in Brissia!"
"Your welcome my daughter." The King Of Creation replied, "What about you my son? Are you enjoying it too?"
"Yes king! Yes, yes, yes! I even tried grapes and I never eat fruit." Dylan replied.
"Just remember, make sure you don't cross the gate from Brissia to Andsaca!" The king reminded.
"What is Andsaca?" Laia asked,
"It is a palace. It isn't a good place, no matter how good it looks, it is a bad place to be in. That's why you shouldn't even cross the gate."
The children nodded,
"Yes, king." The nine year old replied.