Meatlovers

I was better upon waking up. I put the book away, back in my bag with the rest of my collection. I had hastily packed when leaving home, shoving clothes, necessities, and then yes, my books all into a duffel bag. I sorted them out later.

Now I was in Rome, Europe. The place where I last saw Neko. Also the place I last saw Angel, but I wasn't really into finding her. I wanted Neko.

I tried going into the building again, but something held me back. Like Peter Parker's Spidey sense or something. I don't know. All I knew then was that I needed to get out.

So I did, I instantly turned around and headed straight back out the doors. A few seconds later, a few suits charged straight passed me, flying off down the sidewalk holding some kind of twittering, squeaking hand held device.

Upon staring at them and their little contraptions, I noticed them turn around and search desperately behind them. Their eyes seemed to glaze over me, sliding right off if they attempted to make eye contact with me.

I casually walked away.

So I rented an apartment. Its not bad. Not great. But not bad. I've got my own bathroom, own fridge and kitchen sink. A bedroom big enough for me and a dog if I chose to have one. Aka, not very big. But the living room was nice. I got a couch and a coffee table, which doubled as a kitchen table, and even a TV! But no VCR. I didn't bring my movies, but still. I could have rented or something.

Either way. I had a place. It was livable. Better than living on the streets.

I got some breakfast, if you could call it that. Left over pizza. Meatlovers obviously. My favorite. This whole Ultimate thing with the changing into animals stuff makes me wonder if that was the only reason why. How many other things has being an Ultimate affected?

My popularity at school? My way of thinking? My secludedness and drawing away from people to quiet places? Always wanting something else? Who would I be if I didn't have this...this....if I wasn't me.

I let out a small growl. Those were common now. I was almost positive that if I felt like it, I could get a good purr going just like Neko could when we were together.

I ate my pizza in silence, reviewing my current situation again. Ugh. Just...ugh.

I finally came to the conclusion that I would probably have to get help. And help meant Angel. And Angel meant...I don't know what Angel means. But I'm not happy about it. Know that. Ok?

I shoved the rest of my slice of meatlovers into my mouth, savoring the taste of the spicy sausage. I guess I have to find Angel. How to do that? I wouldn't know.