Chapter Two - What?

I unfolded the little piece of paper. I was in fear of what the words on it could be. I tried to imagine something but I could not. I could not think of a single thing that could be written on that little crumbled and folded up piece of paper. My hands shook a little despite my effort to keep them steady. I quickly glanced around me to make sure nobody was near. Finally I straightened the note and read the small printing on it over and over again. My forehead wrinkled up a little and I grew suspicious of the message written on it. 

Dear sons and daughters of Agril,

I regret to inform you of the recent death of the one and only High King. Although he was a great man, was he also a great man of war. I hereby command all couriers of Agril, Plon Smijan and Asnea, no matter their background in culture or war, to bring a message to leaders and legates of war against Thewana. The message shall be read word by word. Nothing more, nothing less. 

"The high king has been defeated. The war is hereby announced over. All legates are free to go home, where their generous reward awaits."

This is all a courier must say. No questions are to be answered. Once the message is delivered, the courier must continue their journey to all camps until no leader or legate is left uninformed. 

Thank you for your efforts

Your brother in Agril and Asnea,

Jul Ragendahl