Broken.

Riley's POV
Okay so obviously if Lucas is one of
my suspects, then he can't be involved with Maya. He obviously just wanted to get out of a date with me. But why?
Maya's POV
I ran to go meet Lucas in the hallway. But I heard him talking with someone. Of course I really wanted to see who it was. But I respected Lucas's privacy. So I politely walked away. Okay, fine, I didn't; I eavesdropped.
I looked around the corner.
He was talking to Riley. Riley.
"Why don't you want to go on a date with me?" Riley asked. "Are you scared or something?"
"No." Lucas said firmly. "I'm not afraid of you. I'm not afraid of anything."
"Oh yeah?" Riley squeaked. "Then go out with me. Tonight."
"Fine I will." Lucas said without hesitating.
That's when my heart broke. Into a million pieces.
I felt hot tears form in my eyes. Big fat ones rolled down my cheeks.
I started to let out a small sob.
They turned around. Lucas looked devastated; Riley looked sorrowful.
"Maya wait!" I heard Lucas say. But I turned around. And started to run.
Everything was a blur. They continued to talk, but I was done. With Riley. With Lucas. With this school.
I ran as fast as my short legs could take me.
And I didn't turn back.