Never again...

•{Part 1}•
Tell me why I should let you in?

People I used to love are now distant  faces in memory of whom I now walk past and smile at to show acknowledgement,
but years ago I would have ran, jumped and floored them to the ground with love.

Each and every one of those people vowed that we would forever remain hand in hand and that this journey is ours to walk together.
We pledged that not a single storm could break us, nor would anyone or anything would come in-between our bond.
They promised that we were stronger together than apart, they reassured me that I was significant and important to them. Maybe at that time they honestly believed so but regardless, all of those promises have been broken.

•{Part 2}•
Now you're going to tell me that you won't leave my side like they have done.
That nothing penetrates this friendship we share because we are not like them. You're going to make me love you endlessly so that my walls come down and then the next thing I know , all I will have of you is memories.
I have seen friends become foes in the blink of an eye.
Tell me how do I trust that you won't become exactly what you promised you wouldn't when I have seen it all happen so many times before?

So now, after everything I've said.
Tell me why I should let you in?,
because from where I'm standing that's a mistake I'll make never again ...

Title by: Aisosa Egharevba ❤️