Chapter Eight.

I'm on a roll ! This is my second update on Vamporia this week ! I'm going on vacation to North Carolina, but I'll still be able to update.

Read*Comment*Vote

Also, I'm in the process of writing another story. So if you're interested, the first couple sample chapter should be on my profile soon.

Picture to the side is of Trevorr ;)

* *

Cass's POV (Before Trevor meets Maddox)

I practically sprinted back to the manor. My thoughts were racing. The feel of Maddox's skin against mine was warm bliss. He was pale for a werewolf, I knew. His skin tone was that of a barely sun-kist surfer, not that of a usual werewolf. But he was hot.

My own personal heater.

As I got back, I noticed Red and the boys lounging by the fireplace in the foyer. Red stood, as if he were a protective mother grizzly bear watching over her newly born cubs. Aiden and Evan, being the brothers they were, sat closer than neccessary on the leather sofa.

Then I noticed Trev.

He had a certain look of defiance on his face. It was the look I had grown use to over the years being in his company. It usually meant he was cooking up a plan of some sort. His mouth was quirked to the side and his brows knitted as he had a mental argument with himself. No, he was not crazy. He just thought outside the box. A lot.

I made my presence known as I walked highly into the center of the little quadruplets. Red's face lit up with a smile, but behind it was worry. Worry for his cub who recklessly snuck out in the middle of the day, no doubt skipping many important meetings. Which I did. Because I could.

"And where have you been?" I didn't bother to look him in the eyes before I plopped down next to Evan and Aiden on the sofa. They smiled. Everyone smiled. Except for Trev and I. He didn't even seem aware of me being almost right next to him. Maybe that head wound was really getting to him.

"Here and there," I answered. "Just having a bit of fun."

It was more than fun though. The thought of Maddox sent my dead heart racing with possibilities and emotions I had never felt with anyone else before. The feeling in itself was unique and precious. The thought of the fun-sized Alpha belonging to me and only me was the secret desire I had longed for. Something in my day to day life of being a vampire prince that I had always wanted.

Something to get my heart beating again.

"He was with him," Trev's voice interrupted my thoughts. "He's always with him, the alpha Maddox." His name coming from Trev's mouth sounded acrid and bitter. His voice was laced with so much hidden disgust that I felt like putting him in the hospital. Again.

"Jealous much, Trevor?" I tried to play it off cool before I snapped on him over a guy I had just met. Even though I felt such strong emotions for Maddox, I wouldn't want to risk Trevor's and I friendship. A friendship that had been in the making since we were born. Same went for Aiden, Red, and Evan also. We had grown up together. Their role in our friendship was made clear from the beginning. They were to protect and advise me, even if it cost them their lives.

Trev didn't answer. He looked down to the floor, the fire lighting up his handsome features. I shouldn't have said that. I knew my advisors held certain feelings for me that most would deem "non-pure". I didn't blame them. If you spent your whole entire life protecting someone, wouldn't you fall in love with them? Trevor most of all. His face lit up like the fourth of july everytime someone asked if he was the protector of Cassius Heine Vahn.