Chapter Ten

You guys made me cry.

Literally. I woke up one morning to find so much love in my notifications, and your comments were so heartwarming I cried.

Thank you guys so, so much. I'm not popular on here, and I don't imagine I ever will be, but all I think I'd ever need is you guys because you're the best.

Love you guys!

Cosmos ~

x=====x=====x=====x=====x

I'm spooked as hell.

There's no one else in the bathroom. No one came in, no one went out, and this damned note certainly wasn't here when I came in. It's freaking impossible.

It also certifies one other thing.

Someone is somehow watching my every move.

Someone is out to get me.

Shots.

I smack the stall open with an aggressively loud bang, not thinking about what could happen if I find someone. But it's empty. I frantically open the couple others, and I examine every nook and crevice of the room, but I am currently completely alone in the bathroom. I return to the note on the stall, ripping it off, smashing it between my fingers to make sure it's real, and I'm not imagining it. It's definitely real. The words are definitely real; they've rubbed onto my fingers. I snap my gaze up and look around the top edges of the room, but there aren't any video cameras either.

What the hell?

As I stand there with heavy breaths in my mouth, the intensity of the silence settles over the room like a blanket. It's too quiet. My nerves are spiked, hypersensitive. Everything in my gut is telling me how wrong this situation is, how I should break for it, run back into the crowd. But my nerves keep me rooted, my eyes and ears restless and straining to find the missing piece of this haunted puzzle.

"Garth! You -"

I scream, twisting and kicking out at the speed of light. Andrew is just out of range of my foot, and when my leg is down he trots over lightly and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Garth, man! What's got you so freaked?  It's just me."

My breaths are even heavier, more ragged, like they're shaking my soul as I try to rinse the fear out of it. "Sorry. Sorry. Just - nerves. Nerves getting to me. Stress. Y'know."

I shouldn't tell him about the note. He'd want to know for sure, but it's not something I want to burden him with. Besides, whoever is after me might go after him if I let him know.

"Stress? The girls bugging your brain, man?" He asks in his casual curiosity.

"Yeah. She - Jessica -" I pause for a second, forcing my breathing to slow. "We're dating."

"What?!" He exclaims, eyes wide and brows furrowed, a look of serious confusion. "You - you're dating?! The busty blonde?! I thought -"

"I know!" I interrupt. "I didn't decide! She just kinda broke the news right there and if I upset her she will kill me so I don't know man it's kinda really really stressing me out!"

He opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. He closes it again, claps his hand over his forehead, hopping from foot to foot in a strange fashion. He looks back to me, worry all over his face. "What're you gonna do?"

"I don't know, Andrew. I guess I just have to roll with it till she gets ... bored of me. And apparently I need to get Hunter to date another one, do we can 'double date.'" I make air quotes with my fingers, the disgust rolling off my tongue thickly.