Chapter 1

Clara stepped inside her TARDIS with a smile on her face, they had gone back across time and watched some truly amazing things.
"Talk about road trips, it's like after I graduated high school, we thought it was the worse experience of our lives,  so my mates and I took a drive. Went all over Blackpool, down to London and everything"
"I never finished any school" a Ashildr said, cutting off Clara's reverie.
"You could, you look 16, mind you the rest of us age"
"But history is always changing, if I live forever, why bother learning about these things that I lived in?"
"You regret it though"
Ashildr didn't reply, just flipped the dematerialization switch and pushed the screen towards Clara. As a team, the two of them piloting the TARDIS, it still took two of them, and running, it was almost as good as the doctor, almost.
                  *        *       *
"There's something we should do" Clara said gesturing but not looking, towards Ashildr. They were sitting in the Diner Room, the window beside them a scene of space, stars suspended in nothingness, much like their TARDIS. "We should go to UNIT" she continued.
Ashildr frowned "Why?" She asked "But wait don't tell me" her voice was sly "You want to know if he replaced you yet, and you don't want him to. Clara your debating it, you don't want him to be alone, but you don't want him with anyone but you. Stop trying to find out where he's been and who he's met because if he remembers, the Timelords will kill you both!"
Clara's eyes were sparking with anger, "No, your wrong. You know what I want to do but your scared to admit that you want the same thing too"
Ashildr smiled "But" she said "I don't know him the way you do" Clara didn't answer, just sighed and dropped the conversation, they wouldn't be going to work for unit, that much was clear.
                 *      *      *
Ashildr piloted the TARDIS smoothly down outside London. It was five years after Clara's death, the world had almost moved on. She ran around to the diner room door. Clara flipped the perception filter on, just as a man, looking cold and disheveled, wandered inside, pausing for a moment before he left, to wonder why he had come. "Want to meet the prime minister? Talk to the cabinet? Walk the halls of Downing Street?" Clara asked excitedly.
"Oh Clara, is that all that's out there to you? You saw the sanctuary I ran, the life forms out there are amazing! Not the prime minister, let's meet the leader of the Silurians, not the Cabinet, the ambassadors of the human-Zygon cease fire! Don't walk the halls of Downing Street, follow the tunnels of the Wevils!"
"You always talk like your the smartest one! Let's go find something you  haven't seen!" She threw the TARDIS into flight, not noticing, that in the diner room, two women had entered. Wearing long scarves and question marked collars. It wasn't until Ashildr came out of the console room to watch the time vortex pass, that someone noticed them.
               *       *      *
Ashildr stood, not in shock, just caught off guard by the women on board. "Osgood" she said gesturing to the first then to the second, "Osgood, how have you been?"
"A second TARDIS" the first Osgood said, plain as day, as though she had just said beans on toast.
"And no TimeLord on board then?" The second Osgood said, her voice politely ending in a question. 
"Camelion Circuit jammed? 15 years ago the same diner appeared, and then disappeared, we picked it up quick. But for it to land here! When we were out, well that's always nice, a TARDIS to look at!"
Ashildr smiled, "I was right, you two are smart, I guess you- both of you- could figure out where my console room is"
"Clara's console room, actually, the diner you took shape of, it had security footage, and well, UNIT has methods and protocols" 
"Well after you I guess, let me take you on a tour" she replied, sarcasitacally.
The second Osgood turned around, "you've been to Gallifrey then?" She asked "do they still have the living defenses down there?" Her eyes we sad. Ashildr was stunned. The Zygon Osgood had been there, trapped beneath gallifrey, who else would the universe have put in this one TARDIS, but someone else running from the same horrors they were?