Chapter 5

Clara woke in her bedroom, the slight hang over from the night before, out wandering the town with ashildr, was a little bit fuzzy. After a bit of cleaning up, she left in search of the console and her companion. The hallways had changed, now two long pathways led out, infinetly stretching onwards. She ventured out, but turned to find her room gome, replaced by wall like it had never existed.
"Ashildr" she called, trying to remain calm.
"Clara" her name came from the right, or was it the left? It seemed to echo through both halls. Not caring to be calm amymore, she chose the left side at random, and took off. Halls spun around her, behind her, rooms spawned left and right by her sides.
She turned a corner, and now she was back, in Victorian London, right after the doctor changed. She was down in the larder, the half faced man had her backed against the wall, the flames from his metal wrist were hotter and brighter, aimed right at her.
The doctor was behind him, his sonic out, come to save her, but two of the droids grabbed his shoulders and pushed him down.
"You will kill him" the half faced man instructed.
"I would never" she took a shaky breath, collecting herself.
"You will die"
"My life isn't worth his, it's not either or" Still, by some omniscient force, a knife materialized in her outstretched hand, she drove it deep into one of the doctor's hearts. His old face contorted in pain, as though it had triggered a wave of memories, her mother, her father, Danny, the young doctor, she saw them bleed out and die at her own hand, slipping away like sand between her fingers.
"You will die" the half faced man pointed the flame at her, it caught on her throught, the smell of burning flesh was everywhere, her head was thrown back, she let out a scream as she was consumed by the fire"

Ashildr dropped the book she had fallen asleep reading, the thud woke her up. She went to retreave it, but it disintegrated beneath her fingertips. She pulled the blanket off of her legs to stand, and it turned to dust as well.
Ashildr turned, and a man was behind her, she knew him. It was her father. He reached out and held her in a hug, but he faded away in her arms. She shouted in agony, that was her father, a man, she remembered! He cared for her to his death!
All of a sudden, she was back in her mideveal equivalent of a hospital bed, her newborn child in her arms. Ashildr dreaded what she knew was coming, the baby began to wail, screaming at the top of its newborn lungs. She herself seemed resistant to the burning, but her baby burst into flames, his skin black and flaking away.
It was trap street. She was reaching out to shake the hand of the two faced woman, agreeing to hide her and her daughter. The woman took it, she trusted Ashildr, but the moment she did, she combusted on the spot. The look Ashildr saw on the daughter's face, her own pain was one thing, but to be responsible for this. She found her way back to her room. The place she governed from. She turned on the light, and the walls stated to peel away. The floor fell through, and she landed on the floor of the console room.
Clara was touching dials and typing as usual, but something about her image was wrong. Ashildr stood, appearing normal, brushing all of it off as a dream. Clara walked over casually, even that making Ashildr smile. Clara took her hand, "where do you want to-" her question never finished, because her body imploded. Everything she was became a puddle.
Ashildr kneeled over and pressed her fingers to the sides of her head. A stinging pain accompanied it. She had killed anyone she said cared about. There was nothing left.

With an ear-piercing whistle and a painfully bright white light, Clara and Ashildr both landed in the console room, leaning against the Centre and gasping for air. Clara reached out to Ashildr, when she took her hand in her own, Ashildr jumped back, not knowing if what had occurred was reality or a dream.
Clara looked down, hurt. "Don't touch me, you can't ever touch me" Ashidr said, tears forming in her eyes. Clara felt one of two of her own slide down her cheeks.
Angrily, the TARDIS turned on its side, slanting so that they both toppled over into another room entirely. Clara's bed broke her fall, Ashildr, moved to leave, but Clara stood in front of the door. "I don't know what I've done wrong, but you can't go out there, you're going to get lost."
The TARDIS whined, and it dawned on them what had just occurred. It had shown them everything they were afraid of, made them think everything had gone wrong, but then it gave them eachother.
Ashidr stepped foreword into Clara's arms, Clara kissed her, holding eachother close.
"Would you have the honor of being my immortal girlfriend?"
"Space"
"What?"
"Immortal space girlfriend"
"I wouldn't have anything less"