Meeting Austin

HOPE'S (Haley' s) POV.

When we got to their building, there was people already there setting up for the dinner and party thing. I helped mom carry the decorations in and we started fixing up the place. By the tome we got done it was 11:00 and they were getting here at 12. I walked to a table that was in the corner and sat there playing on my phone. After a while I saw Lance making his way toward me. I smiled at him and put my phone down. He sat in the chair right beside and brushes his knee against mine. He leaned forward and put his elbow n the table and leaned in so he was basically in front of me blocking my view from everyone.

"Hey Hope, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing much just sitting here bored. How about you?" I say politely.

"Same.............. You look beautiful tonight." He said but hesitant at first.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." I say as I blush.

"Do you want to go take a walk out back?" He says after he chuckles at my red cheeks.

"Sure because I have nothing else better to do." I say being very dramatic.

We went out back where the garden is. It was really pretty and I just love all the colorful flowers. We to all the way to the back of the garden (which was like a maze because that's how big it is) to find a secret hole. Lance pulled me through the hole and there was flowers and bushes everywhere. In the middle was a hammock. I think it was the most beautiful thing in this garden. We sat on the hammock and Lance threw his arm over my shoulder while I leaned into him. We swung the hammock slowly and we just laughed and mess around with each other just like brother and sisters do.

"So I've been meaning to ask this but I didn't know who to ask. Me and you have grown really close so I thought why not you." I say a little nervous.

"Alright ask away." He said.

"What was I like........ before you know. I lost my memory." I hesitated.

He gave me a long look before he replied, "You know I want to tell you but I don't want to get us in trouble. It's too complicated and it should be mom and dad that tell you." He said truthfully.

"Why can't you tell me? Us getting in trouble? All I want to know is what I was like." I say. I was getting a little angry because nobody tells me anything. They say not right now or wait until we have enough time.

He goes to stand up but I pull l him back down. "TELL ME DAMMIT!" I say angry.

"I will tonight after all of this is over. I promise you ........ Haley. I mean Hope." He says before running off into the garden.

I quickly follow him. Inside the building, there is a lot of people here. I see my mom talking to a man and a young boy. The boy looks to be around my age. He is wearing black skinny jeans with a blue button up shirt with the buttons undone at the top and some black all-star converses. He was really tall and tan. His brown hair looked good and his brown eyes was staring straight at me. He looks really familiar. I remember last time I saw him I couldn't put a finger on it because I know him but I don't know him.

Out of no where my mom pulls me toward her. I stumble a bit almost falling because of these heels, and look up to see the boy laughing at me. I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"Honey, this is Brian and his son Austin. This is the man with the brilliant creation. And this is my daughter Hope." She said being as nice as she can.

"Nice to meet you darling." Brian said shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you too and your creation is marvelous." I say.

We all start to chat and joke around a bit. Then Brian's wife and daughter showed up. His wife's name is Katie and his little girl's name is Taylor. They are really nice.

I was starting to get bored and I wanted to get away but I don't know how. I guess Austin must to of read my mind because when I looked at him he nodded his head indicating for me to go outside with him. So when we snuck away, we passed by my step dad and Lance. Lance was giving auditing a death glare. I wonder why?

"You look really pretty." Austin said. He had his hand in his pockets while we just walk around.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." I say with a smile.

He looks familiar and its making me angry because I don't know who he is.

"Have we met before? I don't want go sound weird or anything." I say.

He gave me a long shock look before responding. We stopped walking now.

"You don't remember me?" He asked in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. Did my parents not tell you, I have amnesia. I got into a car accident a long time ago. I can't remember anything." I stated feeling sorry for him because he looks upset.

"Your name is Haley. Those people you call parents aren't really your parents. Your real mom and dad moved to California with your brother. Your real brother is in college. You were abducted about a year and a half ago." He said rambling.

I just shake my head no. That can't be right. He must have me mistaken for someone else.

"It's true, I would never lie to you. We were best friends. Please you have to remember." He said pacing back and forth getting upset.

I was now sitting down watching him. All this stuff he is saying is making my head hurt. I wanted him to calm down before he haves a panic attack. So I got up and hugged him. He quickly responded wrapping bis arms around me. He looked down at my hands. He ran his finger over the ring. He slowly slid it off my finger and examining it.

"Do you know who gave you this?" He asked.

"No I don't." I said, "All I saw was initials. A' and H'. I don't know what that stands for."

"Austin and Haley. That's what it stands for. I gave you it to you for your 13th birthday." He says smiling at the memory.

"Thank you for it. It's beautiful. I really hope I remember you because it seems that we were really close." I say slipping the ring on my finger and pulling him in for a hug.

"We should go back inside now. I think the dinner is going to start. Oh and Haley....... Uh Hope. Whatever your name is. Don't tell anyone we talked about this. Okay. Just trust me on this." He says before entering the building.

I nod my head and go inside. I find my family sitting at a table in the back. I walk over there and sit down next to Lance and listen to my mom and step dad talk. I think they are my parents. I don't know anymore. The stuff that Austin told me has got me thinking. Was the stuff he said true? Tonight I am going to find out the truth. The Only person I can get stuff out of is Lance. I will just have to ask him when we get home tonight.