|2|

Two

It was raining outside. I had found Rebound and gave him a kiss. Ya know, kissing in the rain and stuff. 😘😘

"So are we together?" I said hopeful. I really did like him. Did I love him? I don't know. I'm so confused.

"No." He said forcefully, pushing me away from him. "We can't be a couple. I'm not... Good."

Tears stung at the back of my eyes. I was heart broken. Rebound was my first love. Or was it Francisco? Who cares.

Suddenly, Francisco came out of no where. But wait, this wasn't Francisco, it was... a werewolf?!

I shrieked/fangirled. "You're a werewolf?"

He stood up straight. "Nah, it's just a Halloween costume."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"'Kay..."

"Yup..."

"So... What do you want?" I asked impatiently because remember, I have to pretend I hate him.

"I wanted to see if you would go to Prom with me."

"Wait, isn't Prom at the end of the school year?"

"Yea."

"But it's September."

"Nope," with a snap of his boney stick fingers he transported us to the month of May.

"Of course I'll go to Prom with you!" I clapped. "I love..."

"Me. I know."

"How did you know?"

"Isn't that how every Wattpad story ends? With us saying how much we love each other?"

"No. Not this one. Our story is definitely not cliché."

"It kinda is-"

"Ugh! You're such a mood killer! I'm going to Prom with Rebound! 'Cause he's my rebound from you." With that, I sashayed away like the contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race.

***

At prom, Rebound was talking up a storm which was so annoying. I really was tempted to staple his lips together but refrained from doing so.

On the dance floor, I spotted Francisco dancing with Regina Whorge, the school ho. I hated her! Even though I have never met her or seen her in my life! After the three days Francisco and I spent together, all the nonexistent late night phone calls, imaginary walks on the beach, all of it. Wasted. I was crushed. I walked up to them and slapped her in the face. She slapped me back. Then Francisco took me away, into a janitor closet.

"What was that about?" He asked me.

I couldn't help it. I broke down crying. "I'm in love with you and you're in love with her. Do you not understand how it feels to be in love with someone and watch them love someone else?!"

"Yes because you're in love with Rebound!" He yelled making me flinch. "I can tell by the way you look at him!"

He was right. I was madly in love with Rebound. But not as much as I was in love with him. But I couldn't tell him that. I had to hate him for no reason again.

"Whatever bye."

"See ya." He waved and we walked out casually.

Francisco Lach would be the death of me.

__________________

Not finished yet!