I See...

A/N: Thank you so much for the reviews/follows and such! I hope you enjoy chapter 2!

Now See Here!

Chapter 2: I See...

"And then he apologized..." Mark finished telling Lance. It was the next day and they were having lunch at a place not far from work, like they usually did every Friday. Yesterday had been busy and they hadn't had time to catch up, so they did so now.

"Well... maybe he's not an asshole after all..." the brunette said, and Mark could hear him shrug.

"Do I squint?"

"What?"

"He told me I squint. Do I? A lot? Which eye?"

"Um... yeah, maybe a little...on your right...?"

"Why haven't you told me?!"

"What? You have always looked like that, I never think about it! Besides, it doesn't make you look all... derpy, so chillax, okay? You could still get a girl... if you bumped into one and she hadn't seen me first."

"Oh, so that's all it takes, huh?" Mark said dryly.

"I'll set you up."

"Huh?"

"I'll set you up. Double date. I went out with this waitress the other week and I bet she has a single friend or two. It will be fun. And I'll make sure she's not a dog."

"Lance! I don't care about looks, just as long as she's nice! And smart... and funny..."

"Sheesh, that's a bit out of my league... I can do 'hot'... maybe 'nice'..." Lance said thoughtfully.

"Seriously, if women heard how you talk about them..."

"You know I'm just joking!"

"I do, yes, but they wouldn't. They don't know there's a sensitive, loving man under that caveman façade..."

"There's no such thing!" his friend snorted. "I'm all caveman, baby! Have you been listening to those old women's porn books again?"

"Oh, shut up, Lancelot. Go get a white horse and a lance, already."

"Well, I have a lance and it's been compared to a horse's-"

"La-la-la! I can't hear you!" Mark said and slammed his hands over his ears.

"So why was he telling you about your squint anyway?"

"What?"

"You can hear me. Put your hands down, I won't brag anymore. So... why? I mean, that's not exactly something that usually comes up in conversation..."

"Um... well... I don't know," Mark didn't realize it, but he looked very guilty at that point.

"Oh-ho-ho! He said something else, didn't he? What? What?"

"He... just told me I looked cute... even with the squint..."

"He was flirting with you? He's an executive! That's sexual harassment!" Lance didn't sound too upset for some reason, however, and then he revealed why. "You're blushing like a school girl, bro. So... you liked it? Gonna play for his team? What?"

"What team?" Mark blinked.

"The gay team! Do you like the booooys, Mark?" the brunette asked in a sing-song voice.

"No! Go to hell!"

"Noooot very convincing. I don't mind, you know. You're just competition, after all. If I had my way all the guys in New York would be gay... well... at least the good looking ones."