Chapter Three: Quit Your Reminiscing

I didn’t see her for another four sweeps, I thought she had died or went completely mad, but one day at the palace, the distantly familiar face walked through the large doors, Xanthe yelling nonsense to her, I jumped up, my eyes growing wide. “Capris!” I yelled, she turned her head, looking at me up and down, “R-remisa?”

            “You know my little slave?” the highblood cooed at her, then looked towards me. I ran towards her wrapping my arms around her waist and squeezing her tight “where have you been!? I missed you, I thought you were dead!” I was talking to fast, she laughed, hugging me back. “Hey my little brown blooded buddy, I’ve been around, where have you been, I went to your hive not to long ago and you weren’t there, and the land was a fu¢king mess…”

            “My land has been that way for a while, when you left about a half sweep later it was attacked and I was brought here.”

            She nods, licking her lips, She had gotten taller, way taller, and her hair was still long and messy. She smelled like fresh blood, which was disturbingly familiar. Her makeup was practically the same as she wore it sweeps ago as well.  I was so happy that day, but Capris still seemed so distant and untouchable, like she was off in another world.

            “REMISA!” I snapped back to reality, the highblood slamming his fist into the table causing me to jump in surprise. “Uh, I’m…I wasn’t…”

            “I CALLED YOUR NAME AT LEAST TEN FUCKING TIMES YOU LITTLE SHIT!”

            “I’m sorry I was thinking, I wont let it happen again sir…” He grabbed my wrist digging his nails into my flesh; small strings of blood ran down my arm. I gulped, staring back into his eyes. “YOU’D BETTER NOT!” he growled, pulling me out of my seat and dragging me across the tile into the hall. I was prepared to be beaten and get as many lashes as he felt satisfied with, but never enough to kill me…

            I remember when I was 5 sweeps old, walking behind the Highblood King, my master. I followed close behind, the bluebloods and other trolls staring at me with disgust and pity. Other Slaves giving me sympathy glances, I guess Xanthe went through slaves almost weekly, sometimes within a day. However, he had taken interest in me surprisingly. I saw one of the bluebloods walk towards me, sticking his leg out and tripping me. I tumbled to the ground, the Highblood swinging around to look at me. I stared up at him in fear as he walked towards me, but he went past grabbing the blueblood and pinning him to the wall. “What the fuck was that for….” he asked, his tone frighteningly calm. He retrieved a club, holding it up to the other trolls face. “I ASKED WHY THE FUCK YOU TRIPPED MY SLAVE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!?”

            He shook his head unknowing the answer, then stopping to speak, “She’s lower sir.”

            I remember the exact words he said to him, “THAT’S MIGHT BE, BUT SHE IS MY PROPERTY, making her mine to judge and beat, not yours, AND SINCE YOU TOUCHED MY PROPERTY, the judgment is death…” He beats him into a bloodied blue mess, smearing blood onto the tiled floors and walls as we walked to his block. The lowbloods staring at us in shock, the other bluebloods staying clear of him, He just laughed saying, “I won’t let anyone but myself hurt you…” I felt strangely happy about this, yet I dreaded it. I thought I would be culled after a week of working under him. Surprisingly, no matter how angry he got with me, he never would kill me. Moreover, it has been sweeps since I first arrived.