Chapter Four: Dreams, Nightmares, And The Party

I quit my reminiscing in the past and snapped back to reality. For some reason Xanthe hadn’t beaten me for not paying attention whilst we were eating. I became cold as I walked through the corridors closer to Xanthe’s block. It was always freezing in there, and progressively it became noticeable as we moved closer.  I shivered as we turned a corner, moving through the mazelike hallways. We finally got to the large, indigo, jewel encrusted doors that led into his own side of the large building. He opened the heavy doors for me, letting me walk in front of him. We then moved to grip onto my arm, dragging me along through another hallway. It smelt of blood everywhere we went, but I guess I had become accustomed to it.

            He flung me onto the large leather couch, moving to sit next to me. He sat me up straight, wrapping one arm around my shoulder and moving me closer to him. I looked around awkwardly, his ice-cold fingertips rubbing against my bare grey flesh, his long yellow nails slightly digging into my skin. My cheeks tinted copper brown as I flushed involuntarily. He chuckled, and I let out a squeak of a laugh, which caused him to laugh louder. He leaned down closer, breathing icy breath that felt so hot on my neck. I shivered, smelling the pheromones coming off him. “Why are you so motherfucking warm?”

            “Well sir, low blooded trolls seem to have warmer body temperatures I believe…” I murmured, his fingers rubbing farther down my arm; I really don’t think he cared for an answer because he didn’t even listen to my reply. He licked his lips, staring at me with those terrifyingly bitter, sadistic eyes. I gagged slightly as I looked into them, practically mesmerized.  I was afraid, he just stared me down, what did he want, why didn’t he just hurt me and get it over with instead of making me suffer with worry.  He brought his other hand up, flicking my forehead. I jumped in surprise, falling back into his grip slightly. He pulled me back to sit up straight. “Thank you,” I whispered, he nodded. “I’m not as bad as they say you know, I can be polite and caring every now and then.”

            “I see that sir, thanks again.”

            “No problem Remisa…” my eyes widened, he never called me by my name…He always made up crazy derogatory misnomers for me. I smiled slightly, happy that he was being so gracious. He reached his arm around my waist and grabbed my legs with the other. “I’M TIRED” he growled as he stood, holding me in his arms. He carried me to his sleeping chambers, throwing me onto the large bed, the beautiful embroidered fabric, covering every inch. I felt the large feather pillows against my back, they were so much nicer then the ones I had in my small room Xanthe had provided me for sweeps. He crawled beside me, wrapping one of his arms around my waist and pulling me closer; Reaching to pull the purple fabric over us. He was cold, he was always cold, but I tried to ignore it as he slowly fell asleep, breathing down my neck. His sharp daggers for teeth slightly bore. It took me a bit to fall asleep, but soon I drifted off.

            Every night I slept, I had the same dream that I’m drowning in a fiery watery abyss, I’ve always hated two things, and that’s fire and large amounts of water…I was being dragged down deeper, my lungs filling with the burning water.  I had long white wings bound in chains around me, long bony arms gripped my legs, pulling and ripping at my flesh. My hair was a mess around me and my eyes went wide as darkness engulfed me, and the dark chuckles around me became louder. I wept, but no sound left my lips, shades of blood began to swirl together around me and soon my own shade formed. I kept falling into the depths deeper and deeper. Until I’d finally awake, my heart racing, my blood boiling and beads of sweat dripping down my forehead. I hated sleep because of this…but this time I didn’t wake right away…

            I kept falling, my eyes slowly growing dark, my hair longer and my horns twisting out more. I finally reached the bottom of this once bottomless abyss…I dug around, twisting frantically, the arms that had gripped my flesh residing. I opened my eyes wide, looking at the dark water that surrounded me, I couldn’t see anything but black. I stood, my body feeling heavy. I wandered freely under the water, my wings torn and tattered dragging in the muck behind me. I heard a crunch under my feet and looked down. Bones were piling up around me, growing wildly. I jumped back to feel a grip on my shoulder; I turned slowly to see the beast behind me, shades of blood pouring from its mouth. It snarled, reaching its talons to rip through my waist, brown blood seeping through the fabric of my dress. I fell to my knees, gripping at my flesh, trying to stop the bleeding, but it didn’t do anything, the beast just kept ripping at my flesh sending blood flowing through the murky water. I gagged, the beast biting into my flesh, eating me alive…