Chapter 3: A Young Girl's Determination

"I'm looking for a girl named, Yuki Moraha?"

The dark figure spoke in a professional tone.

The siblings exchanged uneasy glances. Who is this guy?

The man glanced around the destroyed classroom and slowly laid his eyes on Yuki.

A wry smile stretched across his face as he shifted his narrowed eyes to Haru.

"And I see that you haven't tell the young mistress here," the man took two long strides towards Yuki and tilted her chin up to face him.

He then turned to look at the elder brother.

"Haven't you, Haru?"

Irritation bubbled up inside of her and swiftly Yuki swatted his hand away.

The man looked taken aback and backed a few steps away. Yuki gritted her teeth and rubbed the area where the man touched her.

Almost immediately, Haru dashed to her side and held a protective hand on her arm.

The man chuckled in a low voice, before running a hand through his long white bangs.

Haru knitted his eyebrows and gripped on to his sister's arm even tighter.

Yuki heard a moan beside her ear and Haru released his grip on her arm.

He relaxed his arms behind him and softened his expression.

"Take me. For all the more confidence I have in her. You're here for both me and her aren't ya?"

The man smirked and with a snap of his fingers, black chain broke through the floorboard and wrapped itself tightly around Haru's wrist and ankles.

What surprised the young girl was that her brother was surprisingly calm and unperturbed by the fact that there were mysterious looking chains shackling him.

Haru looked at his beloved sister for the last time and gave her his smile. Not the ones he gave the school girls everyday, it was a simple, gentle and genuine one.

Soon, in a split second, the dark chains retracted and began pulling Haru down with them.

Yuki panicked, she racked her brains. Her palms perspired as she dove for her brother whose body was almost swallowed up by the floor.

Her hair stuck to her neck as she tried countless futile efforts in pulling her brother out.

"It won't work my mistress, no one is able to break the Chains or make them go against their will,"

The man gently placed a hand on Yuki's shoulder as soon as Haru was swallowed up by the wormhole.

Yuki bit her lip as hot tears gushed out from her eyes. She clenched her fists as she spoke.

"Why is this happening..." she spoke, her voice cracking little by little, "to us...?"

The man smiled weakly and stood back up. He clapped his gloved hands and then spread them wide open.

"Miss Moraha, you are in a very hellish hunger game in which I'm afraid, you are not able to back out of."

Yuki cocked her head backwards and widened her eyes. A bead of sweat rolled down her forehead.

"This is a game for the throne and the hand of Prince Haru. "

The man stopped in front of her and gave her a deep bow, at the same time extending out his hand.

"I am Cyril Yamato. Will you start this cruel war to get your brother back with my guidance?"

Yuki thought back about what her brother did for her today, sneaking away from tempting popularity, their wonderful times together, oh how she would miss them.

She squeezed her hands harder as she made up her mind.

"I'm looking forward to working with you Cyril."

She shook Cyril's hand with a strong and firm grip.

He could see why the Prince had so much confidence in her.

At that moment, Yuki had only one thought in her mind.

She was going to get her brother back.