A Letter from Georgie - Friendship for Dummies

Dear Santa,

Georgie here! How's it going? I'm half-wondering if you even remember me – it must've been years since I wrote my last letter. Then again, I'm sure you've got some kind of magic Christmas memory, so maybe I'm not one to question it. Of course, you've treated me pretty well in the past, as far as little-girly Christmas wishes go. Those awesome gifts always found their way into my stocking somehow. There was the Barbie karaoke machine I wanted more than life itself aged seven – though maybe your gift to my parents was that it broke two weeks later, and I was only able to belt out Britney's greatest hits at regular volume. Then there was the styling head I asked for, aged nine, which ended up just being an expensive way of finding out doll's hair doesn't grow back. And who could forget the disastrously bright eye palette that found its way into my stocking when I was twelve? It took me until the next Christmas to realize blue was definitely not my color. Come to think of it, it was only the pony you disappointed on – but I think I can let that go.

You probably already know how much I love Christmas. My family's always been big on it, and that hasn't changed as we've grown up (honestly, I think we're still yet to get through one Christmas without at least one tantrum from Brandon, even at his age). Probably the only thing that's changed is my list, which has gotten a lot shorter over the years. Still, I guess that doesn't exclude me from the whole "naughty or nice" thing. I'm sure I'm subject to that just as much as anybody else. And I fully respect whatever decision you make... just let me mention a couple of things that might push you in the right direction.

I've been super super super nice this year. Ask anyone I know, and they'll tell you the same thing (actually, on second thought, I feel like that whole conversation would be a bit creepy. Maybe we should keep this between us). I can give you tons of examples. There was the surprise party I threw for Nathan... I mean, I know he said he didn't want a big fuss, but you can't not do anything for your twenty-first birthday. It's practically a crime! And he enjoyed it in the end... well, up until the moment I tripped over that trailing wire and he ended up having to drive me to the hospital to get my ankle checked. Then I bought that mini electric car for Emily, and she loved it... although she did kind of scare Brandon and Macy to death when she drove it full speed into the backyard fence. Oh, I know! What about the time I showed up at Ava's house after she and Nathan had her first big fight? I was armed with a huge tub of ice-cream, ready to let her cry on my shoulder for as long as necessary. It wasn't my fault they'd already made up by the time I got there, and I ended up eating the entire tub on my own...

Okay, so maybe it's best not to think about that too much. How about we focus on all I've done for Connor this year? Take Valentine's Day. I went all out planning a weekend away for the two of us at the cabin. We had the place to ourselves, and we were supposed to spend a chilled-out couple of days down by the lake. Still, I suppose that didn't exactly go to plan either... I was so tired from running around organizing everything that I fell asleep at 9:30 and didn't wake up until noon the next day. Oops.

So maybe I haven't been quite as good as I thought. But the thought was there, right? They always say that's what counts. And, to tell you the truth, there's really only one thing I want for Christmas this year. I haven't dared tell anybody else (so don't go blabbing!). Connor and I have talked about it a couple of times, but he jokes so much I'm not sure if it was a serious suggestion. So, Santa, this is kind of where you come in. If anybody's going to make it happen, surely it can be you.

What I really, really want for Christmas is Connor on one knee, asking me what we've practiced since we were eight years old.

Can you manage that? I guess it's up to you to decide whether I've been nice enough, but I'll be hoping all the same.

Lots of love,

Georgie

P.S. I still wouldn't say no to the pony.

***

Hi, everyone! It's Leigh here (creatively known as leigh_) with an exciting surprise for all fans of Friendship for Dummies! The festive season is upon us, and to celebrate, I've been asked to write a letter to Santa for the promotion of Coca-Cola's #ShareACoke campaign. Five years after the story ended, and there's only one thing Georgie wants for Christmas...

I hope you enjoy reading, and don't forget to check out the Coca-Cola page for letters from more of your favorite Wattpad characters!