A Letter from Sebastian - Puck You

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy this year...okay most of the year. I know you probably won't believe me. I haven't always had a stellar track record. But with my new brain, you know the one that's all shaken up and damaged from playing the best sport ever invented, I'm limited to the amount of fun activities I can partake in. And everyone knows fun can turn into naughty real fast.

To give you some background on the situation, I had a few concussions throughout my hockey career. I banged my head once or twice, and suddenly everyone was telling me that if I got hurt again there'd be a chance of potential brain damage. It's not like I took a hammer to the head—it was only a few collisions and some minor headaches. Oh and maybe I blacked out once, but it only lasted a few seconds. Either way the doc told me I can't play, which is super unfair. Hockey is the one thing I live for—I guess lived for now.

And, like I said, I've had a recent absence of fun in my life ever since I was banned from playing hockey. Maybe that's a stretch. I did have a ton of fun the first few weeks of college, but the aftermath was definitely not worth it. And I cannot begin to explain how very, very sorry I am for behaving so badly. But everyone makes mistakes, right? You can't punish me for something that I've clearly made improvements on, can you?

I get it, I did some regrettable things. And the mess-ups date all the way back to high school—but I've come so far since then. I'm a new person, even better than my former self (I know, that's pretty much impossible), which is saying a lot. But you have to understand. Kids can be on the naughty list one year and nice the next, so there's hope for me. The most important thing is I've grown. I'm a man now. Some people may say the fact that an eighteen year old writing a letter to Santa is not the manliest of things to do, but I'm very comfortable with my manliness.

I remember the first time I wrote a letter to you. A few of the guys in my second grade class said it was dumb, so when I got home I hid in my closet, only leaving it open a crack for lighting purposes. I had an extensive list. At the top was all new hockey gear. I was a growing boy, what can you say? And after that I scribbled down a DS, some new Legos, and a bag full of every kind of candy on the planet the list goes on. At the time I had no idea how to send a letter, so I went into my mother's desk drawer, pulled out an envelop, and addressed it to, "Santa Claws, the north pole". Then I snuck out and put it in our mailbox, not knowing that my father had yet to grab the mail that day. I was blissfully unaware that my letter never made it to The North Pole—to you. But still, Christmas morning I unwrapped almost everything I'd asked for. It still amazes me to this day...

As I look back on the second grade, I realize my reasons for writing you have drastically changed. No matter how good I've been this year, my girlfriend Grace thinks otherwise. She says I've been a very, very naughty boy. I think she even wants to punish me. I thought of a million different ways to change her mind, but she's got it in her head that I'll be getting coal this Christmas. Santa, my man, please hear me out. I'm not as naughty as she thinks. See if she only remembered the time that I brought her to our high school hockey rink--and only after hours of hanging Christmas lights and cooking a three star meal--or the time that I surprised her with a bouquet of flowers and a personal back rub (I'm an expert with my hands) after finals, then maybe she'd realize just how nice I am. And let's not forget that every other Sunday movie night when it's my pick, we end up watching a chick flick. But I don't complain, because even though I'm forced to watch one sappy love movie after the next, my beautiful, amazing girlfriend is the best thing that's ever happened to me. So, when you're shimmying down those impossibly small chimneys this Christmas, don't forget to give her a little extra something, because even though she thinks I'm naughty, she's extra nice. But, if you do decide that I've been a good boy this year, I do have one very important request. I'm not really one to ask for things—I usually like to get them myself. But, you, oh so powerful bearded man, the one children all over the world look forward to sneaking into their house in the wee hours of the morning (like that's totally not creepy), might be able to get me what I want this year. Is it too much to ask for a new head? One that's screwed on right and concussion free? I mean, not like an entirely new head. I like this one a lot. You know, the hair and the eyes and the definitive jaw line. Just the messed up damaged part, the one keeping me from playing hockey. And if you really think about it, it's not that much to ask for when I've been such a good boy this year. I'm practically an angel. Just think about it, will you?

Yours truly,

Sebastian Evans

***

Hey guys!

I was asked by Coca-Cola to write this lovely letter for their #ShareaCoke holiday campaign. I hope you enjoyed it, and make sure to check out their profile page Coca-Cola for other letters from some of your fav Wattpad characters! Thanks for reading! :D

-PeytonNovak