Chapter 2: Giant Killer Robots

I passed the time until bust-out observing what me and my cellmates were wearing. Apparently, I had an eye for fashion. Clearly, we hadn't been in this prison very long, since we hadn't been changed into prison uniforms like the orange jumpsuit that kid, Kail, had been wearing in my vision. Holli was wearing a miniskirt with an empty holster on her waist, the miniskirt pulled over a white t-shirt with black suspenders running down it. Clearly, this was some sort of coordinated effort of dressing, since Pipe was wearing something similar. She was wearing heavy black jeans and a white t-shirt with black suspenders running down it. I took some time to reflect on the two of them. Where Holli was slim and lithe, Pipe was muscular and strong. Holli's hands were dainty and small, while Pipe's were larger and calloused. This, with her build and tan skin, led me to believe that Pipe had probably worked outside for a long period of time, and it'd been recent. Holli I wasn't sure about. While everything about her had a general air of popular bitch at school, the way that holster hung comfortably on her hip told me that she'd been dealing with guns for much of her life. Either this war was recent and she'd just had history with guns, or this war had been going on for her entire life.

As for my clothes, they were pretty cool, but beat-up. My top was a practical sweater, in a pale gray color, and of course, I had the whole skirt leggings and cool patterned boots thing going on. When I rolled up one of my sleeves, I found an intricate tattoo on my forearm. It was a swirling, curling, lace design. Holy shit. It was pretty cool. I couldn't remember anything about why I had gotten it, or what it was supposed to represent, and it bugged the hell out of me. I asked Holli about it, in case it was a gang symbol or something, and she replied that she didn't know anything about it. I wanted to know if I had any other tattoos, but hey, I wasn't about to strip down right here. I valued my privacy. I think. It's kind of weird figuring out what kind of person I was. I knew I had strong morals, and was a wise-ass. From my clothes I picked up that I was fashionable. Other than that? Figure it out as I go along, I guess.

Before long, the cell door clicked open, revealing the blue-haired boy, Kail, holding several large guns. The legs of his orange jumpsuit still bore smears of the guard's blood where Kail had wiped it, though he looked much less creepy in person. A large crowd of prison escapees ran around in the hallway behind him, presumably to freedom. I remembered the cell doors clicking open as he walked past in my vision.

"'Sup, gals?" Blue boy smirked, tossing a gun to Pipe and Holli. He kept two for himself. I could tell he was a dick already.

"Kail!" Holli squeaked, sticking her gun into her holster and draping herself around Kail's shoulders in excitement.

"Nice to see you, K, darling," Pipe swooned dramatically. Wow, she finally said something in a non-growling/grumpy tone.

"Who's the new girl?" Kail asked, finally looking my way. He had square features, and icy blue eyes. Fuck. He was kind of cute. Was I a gay dude? It would explain the skirt, I guess.

"That's Spark. He's the prophet that landed us in here. And he took a stun bullet to the head, so don't try to ask him about anything that happened longer than thirty minutes ago," Holli answered. I waved weakly. Kail was giving off a general air of asshole, but he was cute so I decided to play nice.

"So, like, are you named after the vegetable?" I ventured. Someone had to appreciate my joke, right?

"Hah!" Kail boomed, surprisingly loud. "I like this one. And it's like hail, but with a 'k'." Finally, someone answered my question.

"Enough. Let's get out of here," Pipe demanded.

Holli raised her arm, shooting her gun into the ceiling excitedly, making me jump in surprise. "LET'S BLOW THIS POPSICLE STAND!" she screamed. The three ran out into the hallway, hollering and shooting, while I jogged quietly behind. I would say I was like a fourth wheel, but those are kind of important and that's the opposite of what I was feeling. Maybe a fourth mole removal. Or a fourth divorce. Same thing, really.